Senior VFX Artist
Bit Reactor is searching the galaxy for an experienced and talented VFX artist that can use their skills to help bring an exciting new part of the Star Wars universe to life. Developing with Unreal Engine 5, we are going to tell amazing Star Wars stories that will be supported by amazing visuals.
- Work closely with leads and art direction to follow artistic style and ensure consistent look across the game.
- Collaborate with other creative disciplines and engineers to create visual effects that support gameplay systems.
- Assist in the constant improvement and stability of VFX tools, assets, and pipeline
- Work with tech art and graphics programmers to ensure VFX assets are optimized and run efficiently while maintaining visual quality
- 3+ years of experience in VFX art production
- Experience with real-time VFX authoring tools - Unreal Engine 4 or 5 is ideal
- Good sense of timing and color theory
- Ability to work independently and creatively to solve VFX challenges
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Good communication and time management skills
- Proficiency with 3dsMax or Maya for creating 3D assets
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience creating shaders in a real-time node-based tool
- Understanding of VFX asset costs and impact on performance
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics simulation software, such as Embergen, Houdini and FumeFX, is a big plus
- Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.