Bit Reactor is looking for a talented Narrative Designer to join our team in creating genre-defining games with solid gameplay, deep storytelling, immersive presentation, and high production values. Our team has a track record of shipping the award-winning franchises XCOM, Civilization, and Elder Scrolls Online and is excited to usher in a new era of games that blur the line between strategy and action.
Working in a highly collaborative, focused, and iterative team environment, candidates should enjoy contributing to the game development process, have a cooperative attitude, and share our passion for building exceptional games.
JOB – Narrative Designer
The Narrative Designer will create the deep narrative moments that work in harmony with game design and presentation for a genre defining player experience.
- Collaborate with the Narrative Lead and story team to develop compelling, engaging, and immersive narrative game experiences
- Collaborate with other departments to achieve a cohesive narrative player experience
- Create, organize, and maintain narrative documents and scripts to support recording sessions
- Contribute and organize game narrative by with writing for cinematic scripts, in-game dialog, and any other necessary deliverables
- Maintain schedules, task estimates, style guides, character bios, and design documents
- Create briefs, outlines, story treatments, character descriptions, casting documents, and other supporting narrative content
- Partner with the Narrative and design leadership to create a narrative design and content creation culture that is collaborative, holistic and quality-focused
- Demonstrable experience working throughout all key stages of game production, from conceptualization to commercial release
- Extensive knowledge of writing principles, process, and best practices
- Prior experience working on AAA game titles or film/TV projects of equivalent scale
- Exceptional collaborator with strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Have worked with large or established IP
- Experience working within Star Wars franchise
Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of professional writing samples.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Bit Reactor does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party.