JOB – Environment Concept Artist
Bit Reactor is looking for a talented Environment Concept Artist to join our team. The Environment Concept Artist will work closely with the Lead and the rest of the art team to help develop and create the game’s environments. You will be a key component in crafting a unique experience with unforgettable worlds.
Bit Reactor team has a track record of shipping the award-winning franchises XCOM, Civilization, and Elder Scrolls Online and is excited to usher in a new era of games that blur the line between strategy and action.
- Environment Concepts - Design environments that inspire the rest of the team while solving gameplay elements. These range from mood paintings to schematic breakdowns and asset callouts. 3D proficiency is recommended.
- Creativity - Push the artistic envelope in the studio. Innovate and inspire the team to explore possibilities and raise the artistic bar.
- Flexibility – Able to think on your feet, turn on a dime, and adapt to changing needs if they arise.
- Be a team player – Excellent communication is a must. Collaborate and contribute to the collective effort while problem-solving and exploring visual solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in games as a concept artist
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork.
- Solid understanding of and proficiency in formal art principles is crucial. (perspective, form, value structure, color relationships, scale)
- Skilled in traditional art (non-digital), such as sketching, drawing, and painting, etc.
- Expert knowledge of 2D software.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and sculpting software.
- Experience using Unreal Engine a plus.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones.
- Candidate must be located within the Baltimore Maryland area or willing to relocate
Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Bit Reactor is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.