Bit Reactor is looking for an Art Director to join our Star Wars project and bring our corner of the galaxy to life. As the Art Director, you will work closely with the Creative Director to define, advocate, and execute the vision for our game. Using all your visual and communication skills you will manage, develop, and inspire the various artists within the department. Working alongside the project stakeholders and art leads you will help deliver a genre defining game that will revolutionize the future of strategy games. The ideal candidate has been in a Senior/Lead role on multiple titles from concept through post-production and is able to leverage their expertise in content creation, collaboration, and most importantly, communication to craft immersive and engaging experiences.
- Develop and maintain the aesthetic pillars of the project, so it fulfills the defined specifications desired for the game.
- Build, lead, and direct a team of cross-disciplinary artists through the full development cycle and advocate for their needs.
- Partner with the leadership team to identify and solve artistic challenges that support gameplay and narrative goals.
- Provide written, visual, and verbal critiques to ensure all art assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the authenticity of the IP and the vision of the game.
- Oversee the development of reference materials, and style guides for all art disciplines.
- Manage content scope and quality by evaluating and developing pipelines and processes with clear review gates.
- Maintain a clear understanding of art pipelines across all art disciplines.
- Manage competing priorities by providing creative solutions to complex development and design problems.
- Contribute to the studio development and team building efforts through training, recruiting, community outreach, and networking.
- Planning, scheduling, and budget management.
- 10+ years of recent experience developing visual content for games.
- At least one full development cycle on a AAA game as an Art Lead, Art Manager or Art Director.
- Demonstrable ability to provide clear critiques that deliver positive visual improvements.
- Experience with contemporary game art workflows, tools, and pipelines.
- Understanding of all art disciplines and their ability to impact design, narrative, and programming.
- Ability to lead and develop artists and an art department.
- Understanding of how to work with external IP partners
Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.