The technical and artistic assembly of gameplay spaces is a critical task in modern video game development. Bit Reactor is seeking a Level Designer who can help to define the standards, spaces, and moment-to-moment gameplay for an upcoming turn-based tactical/strategy title.
Come join us as we develop the next generation of turn based tactics games on PC and game consoles.
- Collaborate with Art, Design and Engineering to generate and streamline playable environments within Unreal Engine
- Authoring scripted events and sequences to support gameplay and combat within level spaces
- Generating gameplay spaces within Unreal Engine 4, leveraging level streaming, technical markup, blueprint, and scripting to ensure functional and maintainable game content
- Working closely with design and creative leadership to develop level design standards and bring the vision of the gameplay to life
- Advocating for the best playable experience
- 3+ years’ experience in the game industry in a Level Design role
- Understanding of level design practices and technologies
- Firsthand experience with Unreal Engine
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Functional proficiency with in-engine scripting
- Artistic judgment necessary to compose and visually balance gameplay spaces
- Shipped titles, especially within the strategy/tactical genres
- Firsthand experience with procedural level design practices
- High level of scripting proficiency and Unreal’s blueprint system
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.