Bit Reactor is in search of a Lead Environment Artist to join us in exploring and expanding the Star Wars universe. Our environments are populated with variety of assets that range from architecture, hard surface objects and organic forms that will be both familiar and new to fans. You will lead a team of Environment Artists to craft beautiful worlds that will be visually stunning yet technically performant and fun to play.
- Provide direction and feedback to the Environment team
- Work with Concept Artists, Game Designers, Level Designers, Narrative Designers, VFX Artists, and Audio Designers to craft the visual design and scope of all levels, biomes, and general environmental needs of the game
- Work alongside production to plan and prioritize the project's Environment tasks
- Set quality expectations and help guide artists towards the vision of the project, while working with our partners to ensure that our work honors the rich depth of the Star Wars universe
- Mentor and aid in the development of team members as individuals and as a unit
- Maintain a healthy team culture
- Participate in sourcing and hiring environment team members
- Work with art outsourcing manager to establish and document art outsourcing processes
- Work with Technical Artists and Engineers to define and maintain performance standards
- Collaborate with Lighting Artists to assure that assets work within the established needs of the lighting system, while offering feedback that helps to achieve the vision for the environment
- Shipped at least one title as a Lead Environment Artist
- 5+ Years experience creating AAA environments including Architecture, Environments and Props
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Proven ability to create and optimize 3D assets
- Strong leadership skills with a passion to build relationships and lead with empathy
- A portfolio showing recent examples of Environment artwork
- An expert understanding of form, shape, light, texture, and composition
- Extensive experience with PBR workflows
- Extensive experience with trim sheets, deferred decals, and tiling texture workflows
- Experience with developing foliage and organic forms
- Expert proficiency of industry standard tools such as 3ds Max, Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Suite
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4+
- An understanding of modern lighting techniques and practices
- Some experience with Unreal BluePrint scripting
- An understanding of the relationship between art and level design
- A love for the Star Wars universe
- A passion for turn based tactics games
Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.