Bit Reactor is looking for a Character Artist to join our Star Wars project and bring characters from across the galaxy to life. As a Character Artist, you will work closely with the Character Lead and concept team to create and maintain stunning characters. You should be able to display a high-level knowledge of anatomy, sculpting and texturing with strong overall artistic sensibilities.
- Create unique and modular character assets with varying scale and complexity.
- Collaborate with character and animation team to create technically sound, appealing, and memorable characters that add to the Star Wars Universe
- Ensure character assets meet specifications provided by all relevant stakeholders
- Maintain the visual aesthetic throughout the game
- Provide character models of the highest visual and technical quality, while maintaining efficiency and consistency across the game
- 2+ years’ experience in the game industry
- Experience with a contemporary game engine
- Proficiency with industry standard tools such as 3D Studio Max and Maya
- Experience working with Photoshop, Substance Painter
- Strong 3D modelling (both organic & hard surface) and texturing skills
- Experience with contemporary character modeling pipelines and efficient usage of UV layouts and texturing
- Proven understanding of human anatomy, proportion, form, and body mechanics
- Solid understanding of PBR workflows
- Understanding of character rigging and skinning
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- A current character portfolio with an eye for optimized 3D characters
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well within a team
- Worked with industry standard asset tracking software such as Jira
- Experience working on a AAA title, especially a console title
- Experience working within Unreal Engine 4+
- Knowledge of real-time shaders
- Strong traditional art skills
Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.