The Senior Concept Artist will collaborate with the rest of the art team to establish the look of the game’s artistic design and presentation, while inspiring the team and pushing the visual envelope. You will help create an incredibly fun game experience with unforgettable art and design.
- Environment Concepts - Design environments that inspire the rest of the team while solving gameplay elements. These range from mood paintings to schematic breakdowns and asset callouts. 3D proficiency is recommended.
- Character Design – Provide concepts, silhouettes, action sheets, turnarounds, and expression sheets that assist the character team in making memorable, functional, diverse characters.
- Storyboarding – Support the narrative team by providing storyboards, color scripts, keyframes and paint overs that push the story in exciting ways.
- Creativity - Push the artistic envelope in the studio. Innovate and inspire the team to explore possibilities and raise the artistic bar.
- Flexibility – Able to think on your feet, turn on a dime, and adapt to changing needs if they arise.
- Be a team player – Excellent communication is a must. Collaborate and contribute to the collective effort while problem-solving and exploring visual solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in games as a concept artist
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork.
- Skilled in traditional art (non-digital), such as sketching, drawing, and painting, etc.
- Expert knowledge of 2D software.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and sculpting software.
- Experience using Unreal Engine a plus.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones.
Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.