The Lead Designer will be at the forefront of designing and prototyping genre defining gameplay experiences. They will collaborate with project leadership and interdisciplinary teams to design, craft, iterate on, and balance the player experience. The Lead Designer is expected to be well-versed in strategy and turn-based tactics games and able to translate that knowledge into actionable and forward-thinking gameplay designs.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, Designers, and other leads to create fun, compelling and immersive gameplay experiences
- Define, communicate, implement, and refine cohesive design plans and product roadmaps
- Establish standards for best-in-class execution of gameplay mechanics and game systems
- Clearly communicate game design mechanics and critiques to other team members
- Evaluate the game daily to provide design feedback for the team
- Manage and mentor other designers
- 5+ years game experience in AAA console or PC development
- Experience designing complex gameplay systems
- Hands on experience and knowledge of Unreal 4 is preferred
- Proficiency implementing with tools and visual scripting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in both individual and team settings
- Experience creating design documentation
- A passion and expert level of understanding of turn-based tactics games
- Familiarity with an iterative design process
- Willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve design challenges and limitations
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.