The Technical Artist will collaborate with artists, engineers, and designers to aid the team in effectively and efficiently achieving their presentation goals for the project.
- Material Creation - Design complex materials in Unreal and aid artists in their usage
- Blueprint Scripting – Support game features by writing and editing blueprint code
- Lighting - Be well versed in lighting features and practices in Unreal and aid artists in achieving their creative goals using these systems
- Optimization - Assist in performance profiling and reporting to help the team keep the game performant
- Tools - Contribute to the development of techniques, tools, and processes that achieve the product’s visual style and goals
- Encourage technical evolution within the studio
- Stay current on industry trends and standards, as well as bring new and emerging technologies and processes from the wider industry to our projects
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Work with artists and engineers to identify and implement pipeline optimizations, while aiding in the development of technical benchmarks to be used in production
- Be an art department medic. Lend a hand and support artists with technical knowledge and problem-solving as needed daily. Help engineers better connect with artists when there are cross discipline tasks to be solved
- 3+ years of experience in games in a technical art role
- Excellent communication skills catering to engineers, production staff, and artists alike
- Expert knowledge of content creation tools
- Expert knowledge of PBR texturing, materials, lighting, and post processing pipelines
- A working knowledge of linear algebra (vector math) as it pertains to game development
- Deep experience using Unreal Engine with a focus on materials, VFX, Blueprint, and Lighting
- Experience using scripting languages (Blueprint, python, etc.)
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience using source control software (Perforce a plus).
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.