The Rigging Artist will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining a rigging pipeline for characters, vehicles, and props. They will collaborate with the animation and modeling teams to create rigs that will assist in achieving the artistic vision of the project while meeting technical and performance requirements set by the Technical Art Director. They will also develop tools to support and improve modeling and animation workflows. The Rigging Artist is expected to be forward thinking and experienced in Unreal Engine’s animation and rigging tools. They will create and maintain rigging solutions in engine to improve deformation and facilitate animation retargeting and sharing in real time.
- Bring innovation to dynamic art pipelines through rigs, secondary motion, tools and workflows.
- Build and maintain body and face rigs, skinning and secondary motion setup.
- Help create proprietary systems for export constraints, custom deformers, secondary motion, and motion capture to the game engine.
- Work with other Technical Artists improving workflows and tools used internally by the Rigging Team
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments such as Tools and Code (engine) teams to improve authoring workflows and animation/graphics systems in runtime.
- Deftly work with the team’s organizing, documenting and libraries of rig modules that can be shared by a large team of riggers.
- Stay current with latest technologies/research in the field to help keep our dynamic art visuals at the cutting-edge through motion and deformation.
- 3+ years of experience creating complex rigs for Games or Film/VFX.
- Strong coding/scripting skills in Python, Mel or C++ and a 3D math background
- Unreal Engine 4 experience (at least 1 shipped title).
- Experience with data-centric rigging and mGear
- Understanding of human body and facial anatomy as it relates to game assets and topology.
- Experience using 3D DCC software (Motionbuilder and/or Maya preferred).
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and milestones.
Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.