The Game Designer will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to design, craft, iterate on, and balance the player experience. They will work with the Creative Director to find the fun and deliver a groundbreaking, genre defining game. The Game Designer is expected to be well-versed in strategy and turn based tactics games and able to translate that knowledge into actionable and forward-thinking gameplay designs.
- Design and evangelize gameplay systems and features
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and other leads to create rewarding player experiences
- Facilitate cross-disciplinary communication through clear and up to date documentation
- Create detailed design documentation for gameplay features
- Shepherd designs from concept through implementation
- Interpret feedback and telemetry to fine tune and balance gameplay systems
- Create and iterate on systems designs and features
- Provide, receive, and implement clear and constructive critiques
- Work independently and with other designers and feature teams
- 3+ years of experience in games
- Experience designing complex gameplay systems
- Hands on experience and knowledge of Unreal 4
- Proficiency implementing with tools and visual scripting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in both individual and team settings
- Experience creating design documentation
Bit Reactor prefers to hire candidates who are willing to relocate to Hunt Valley, Maryland, but is open to remote options.
Bit Reactor, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.