BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
BitMEX stands as a globally leading exchange for crypto derivatives, offering traders a professional-grade trading platform. Since its inception in 2014, BitMEX has maintained an impeccable security record with “no coin lost, ever!”.
Our platform caters to cryptocurrency derivatives traders by providing low latency, deep liquidity, and maximum availability. Currently, BitMEX offers more than 100 derivatives contracts, 11 pairs for spot trading, and an easy covert function between 30 different cryptocurrencies.
In 2015, BitMEX revolutionised the market by inventing the Perpetual Swap, which has since become the most widely traded crypto product. Demonstrating a commitment to transparency, since 2021, BitMEX has been among the first exchanges to regularly publish its on-chain Proof of Reserves and Proof of Liabilities, ensuring that the funds available exceed the total client balances."
The Institutional Business Development team is responsible for the coverage and growth of Corporate and VIP clients, identifying new business opportunities, conducting competitive market analysis and enhancing the BitMEX brand in the institutional space.
As an Institutional Sales Lead you will drive a small global team of Institutional Sales Managers and own key client relationships in APAC. You will work closely with other teams to provide insight and feedback from clients about products and features on the platform and manage your customer portfolio with the ultimate end goal of generating more volume and revenue on the BitMEX platform.
- Provide best-in-class coverage and support to our Institutional and individual VIP clients; build deep relationships to increase volumes, liquidity and loyalty
- Lead by example to help the Institutional Sales team achieve combined team targets. Share best practice and encourage the team to perform to its potential
- Work our leads pipeline and identify new prospective clients with the goal of getting them onboarded and trading
- Assist with the client onboarding and trading experience
- Promote available tools, products, and strategies to help clients maximize their trading potential
- Share client feedback with BitMEX product and engineering teams and write specific proposals for improvements
- Learn and thoroughly understand the BitMEX trading platform and current and future product and service offerings, and how these will affect our client base
- Understand the BitMEX value proposition and how to appeal to the wide variety of clients we service
- Regularly report on client issues, recommendations, criticism, and trading activity; follow up regularly. Explain priority of issues to and craft solutions with the Product team.
- Suggest and implement process changes to enhance team efficiency and coverage quality
- Take ownership of communication to our Institutional customers.
- Represent BitMEX at relevant industry conferences to stay on top of industry developments, enhance our image, build connections and solidify existing relationships
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of industry-related developments
- Occasional travel requires
- Experience engaging with clients in the financial services industry with strong knowledge of the Crypto industry
- Previous team management skills
- Proven track record in achieving sales KPIs and expanding client base
- Experience communicating in a professional manner and assisting with high-value clients
- Strong strategic thinking and client-facing communication and interpersonal skills
- Existing client relationships within the crypto industry will be extremely valuable
- Trading experience with Bitcoin or other asset classes preferred
- Strong understanding of digital currencies and passionate about the space
- An entrepreneurial mentality with the ability to work well under pressure, thrive working under limited direction, and a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership
- Must be comfortable with networking
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, leadership potential and ambition
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and presentation software
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.