BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
We are seeking a Senior Vulnerability Management Engineer with strong technical experience to assist BitMEX in understanding, measuring & managing vulnerabilities on all BitMEX’s assets, including cloud based, datacenter based, SaaS resources.
- Understand the Application, Infrastructure and Data security portfolio, helping to drive best practices, conducting security testing (automatic, manual), creating new ways to solve security issues, integrating security tools and implementing security controls
- Provide vulnerability and related reports at various levels to management and other teams
- Provide advisory to the development and infrastructure teams on how to reduce identified vulnerabilities and security gaps
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders to address complex information security issues.
- Reviews documentation created by team members and peers to provide constructive feedback.
- Prepares and reviews activity reports as requested by management.
- Responsible for technical information security architecture, network and system security designs, implementation and management of information security systems and/or programs for the protection of the environment.
- Keeps senior management apprised on the status of information security issues and initiatives
- Identify and mitigate application security threats against the BitMEX platform
- 10+ years of security industry experience, 5+ years in an Vulnerability Management role
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Hands on experience with the top Cloud concerns:
- Identity and Access Management
- Strategies to ensure adequate Compute, Network and Storage Security controls in cloud environments
- Secrets and Credentials Management solutions
- Centralized Logging
- Container Security
- Incident Response, Disaster Recovery and Cloud Forensics
- Compliance as Code
- Cloud automation frameworks like Terraform, Ansible, Chef etc. is also a plus
- Good software development skills with a background in some combination of Python, Ruby, Golang, NodeJS
- Good understanding of common AppSec controls, such as CSP, SRI, the same-origin policy, cookie security, etc
- Strong understanding and practical experience attacking web application vulnerabilities such as XSS, CSRF, XXE, SQLi, LFI/RFI, etc.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.