BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
We are looking for an accounting enthusiast, who is familiar with IFRS and Swiss GAAP requirements as well as enhancing and reviewing the internal control environment of the Finance function. Your role will be to assist the month-end closing and reporting process and help the Finance team develop best practices in accounting and controls, especially in line with Swiss requirements and standards. This role suits someone who is independent, proactive, and detail-oriented. If you have the passion for the crypto industry this would be a big plus.
- Participate in month-end closing which would include reconciliation, journal posting, consolidation and compilation of reports
- Perform financial analysis including trading PnL attribution
- Establish Swiss GAAP accounting policy and process flows, including assisting in the formulation and implementation of sound financial controls
- Support auditing activities and prepare documentation and information to auditors to ensure financial and regulatory compliance
- Support the company and especially the finance team with a strong understanding of accounting principles
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial records-keeping with high level of attention to details on daily basis
- Prepare journal entries with proper supporting documents
- Cooperate with other finance team members to support the team’s daily functions, including e.g. invoicing, settlement, cost allocation, accruals and manual accounting adjustments
- Support the company core values and maintain integrity in the workplace
- Support annual audit and corporate tax preparation
- Support in ad hoc requests and new initiatives, e.g. annual compliance filing, bank applications and system enhancements etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent professional qualification (ACCA/CA/CPA)
- 4-5 years of experience within the Finance function in financial institutions or with Big 4 accounting firms
- Knowledge of IFRS and Swiss GAAP is a must
- Experience in the crypto industry and working with Workday would be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.