BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
We are seeking a Threat and Vulnerability Management Lead with a bias for action mindset and a focus on exceeding expectations.This role requires thought leadership experience in the Cloud and DevSecOps domains in addition to technical leadership experience managing some of the brightest software security experts and thought leaders in our field.
- Take ownership of the Application, Infrastructure and Data security portfolio, helping to drive best practices, conducting security testing (automatic, manual), creating new ways to solve security issues, integrating security tools and implementing security controls
- Validate vulnerability findings from External Pentesters and Security Researchers from Bug Bounty Platforms
- Provide advisory to the development and infrastructure teams on how to reduce their surface of attack
- Manages a team of Security SMEs in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining information security processes across the organization to identify threats, reduce risks, and decrease exposure.
- Implements tools and strategies to ensure the secure implementation of the SDLC and DevOps Program.
- Communicates effectively with lines of business and clients to address complex information security issues.
- Reviews documentation created by team members and peers to provide constructive feedback.
- Prepares and reviews activity reports as requested by management.
- Responsible for technical information security architecture, network and system security designs, implementation and management of information security systems and/or programs for the protection of the environment.
- Keeps senior management apprised on the status of information security issues and initiatives.
- Identify and mitigate application security threats against the BitMEX platform
- 15+ years of security industry experience, 8+ years in an appsec role
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services,
- Hands on experience with the top Cloud concerns:
- Identity and Access Management
- Strategies to ensure adequate Compute, Network and Storage Security controls in cloud environments
- Secrets and Credentials Management solutions
- Centralized Logging
- Container Security
- Incident Response, Disaster Recovery and Cloud Forensics
- Compliance as Code
- Cloud automation frameworks like Terraform, Ansible, Chef etc. is also a plus
- Strong software development skills with a background in some combination of Python, Ruby, Golang, NodeJS
- Strong understanding of common appsec controls, such as CSP, SRI, the same-origin policy, cookie security, etc
- Strong understanding and practical experience attacking web application vulnerabilities such as XSS, CSRF, XXE, SQLi, LFI/RFI, etc.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.