BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
The Markets team manages the full product range on the BitMEX platform. This includes responsibilities for maintaining the existing range of products, optimising the existing product mix through data driven decisions and designing and rolling out new products aimed at increasing and diversifying our client base and revenues.
This role will be part of the global Structuring team within Markets. The successful candidate will help to run the day to day business and will also craft the solutions to some of the team’s longer term projects. They will work closely with the Quant, Technology and Sales teams to deliver a future product suite that will meet client demands and grow revenues.
The position will also work with the Product Management, Legal, Compliance, Marketing and Communications teams to prepare and roll out product launches.
- Product rollouts. Identify contracts for listing, develop contract specs and coordinate work between relevant departments for product launches and changes to existing product suite.
- Carry out appropriate tracking and monitoring throughout the implementation and post successful completion.
- Regular status reporting for review at senior level.
- Product evaluation Regularly evaluate product performance through objective tests. Closely monitor new products and product change performance.
- Participate in the design of new products to address business objectives of the firm, in particular revenue growth and revenue diversification while adapting to existing considerations (engine, legal etc.). Think outside the box, products might not need to conform to existing constraints. Help to prepare product launch justification for consideration by Exco and manage product development.
- Identify areas of change to existing product suite and evaluate financial and operational impact of proposed changes for consideration by prioritisation team.
- Collaborate with Business Development and Customer Support to provide required product information and education for clients.
- Work with the Markets quant team on the design and testing of market enhancements.
- 3+ years experience working in financial markets derivatives, preferably across multiple asset classes.
- Crypto knowledge and experience is a big plus, but not a hard requirement.
- Ability to innovate, refine and coordinate the roll out of products.
- Some experience of exchange traded products is preferred.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
- An interest in fintech, cryptocurrency and financial products including derivatives.
- Ambitious, thrives in a diverse culture and highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interact with technology teams and control functions to ensure timely completion of Markets priorities.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree (Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering preferred)
- Detail oriented, analytical, comfortable with numbers and problem solving.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.