BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
As the Risk Manager, you’ll assist the Head of Risk in monitoring and facilitating the effective risk management framework and support others in the organisation by providing guidance, training and advisory service with regard to the proper implementation and application of internal frameworks, policies and procedures as well as legislation and regulatory requirements. You will lead risk management activities like the risk self assessment and incident gathering activities to ensure compliance with e.g. relevant legal and regulatory requirements as well as corporate policies. Also, you will consolidate risk management measures across the group and prepare the consolidated risk report.
This is a remote role with the need to provide coverage within European time zone.
- Support the development of the integrated risk framework to identify, measure, manage, and mitigate financial and non-financial risks
- Perform annual risk assessments and evaluate results: analyse current risks and identify potential risks that are affecting the company
- Document outcome of the risk assessment and report resulting suggestions for improvement
- Implement and monitor risk limitations based on appropriate risk measures in line with the organisation’s risk appetite framework
- Escalate and inform about limit breaches in line with internal policies and procedures
- Provide guidance on risk-related topics regarding product and growth initiatives
- Assist functions firmwide in understanding overall risk strategy and developing appropriate mitigations
- Actively engage in the product design process, in order to influence, recommend and implement risk policies and mitigate inherent structural risks during the development phase
- Work on and further develop the CRO reporting on key risk metrics and improve the efficacy and efficiency of our risk management program
- Foster a culture of risk awareness and compliance by providing support and training within the company
- 5 yrs experience in a risk role at a financial institution
- Strong understanding with European regulations
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Consulting background is desirable
- Someone who wants to make a difference and is excited by opportunity to grow and build in the crypto space
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.