BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
BitMEX runs some of the world’s most advanced KDB systems. With them, we run one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency futures exchanges, facilitating more than a billion dollars of volume per day and several thousand transactions per second.
The history of our company is inherently linked with KDB and since 2014 we’ve been building our team of world-class KDB experts in order to continually improve our product offering for our clients.
The Trading Engine sits at the core of the BitMEX platform and handles all brokerage and trading aspects. The Trading Engine team is responsible for order management, risk checking, position keeping, PNL calculations, risk management, market data distribution, order matching, and settlement.
- Design, development, maintenance and support of KDB/Q logic and databases
- Implementation of new features/systems within greenfield and brownfield projects
- Fixing bugs, tuning performance
- Evaluation of new technologies
- Collaboration with peers, internal and external users on technical design and direction
- 2+ years of programming experience, and significant experience using KDB/Q
- Experience with test-driven development
- Some experience at a Hedge Fund, Investment Bank, or Exchange developing financial trading applications would be beneficial
- Knowledge of execution algos, risk management systems in investment banks, brokers, mutual funds are great bonuses
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.