BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
Stepping into the role as the Senior Accountant, you'll be supporting the finance team with a strong understanding of accounting principles. Your key responsibilities will involve in accounts payable and payroll functions with a focus on crypto payments, financial and management reporting.
This is a remote role and will need to work during HKT/SGT.
- Processing payment for monthly payroll, expenses reimbursement operations for Singapore, Switzerland and other regions with accuracy.
- Prepare journal entries (prepaid, accrual, amortization, etc.) with proper supporting documents and book general entry for payment related to payroll and reimbursements;
- Ensure journal entries are prepared on daily and monthly basis in compliance with accounting standards;
- Maintain confidentiality and document all payroll records;
- Assist Finance & Treasury manager in bank account opening, such as preparing and reviewing the bank application forms;
- Assist in preparing annual audit and corporate tax documents for regulatory filings in the regions we operate in
- In charge of fiat and crypto accounts payable process by carefully verifying invoices and timely payment before due date and avoid any interest/ penalty charges due to late payment;
- Arrange fund and crypto transfer to fulfill payment needs;
- Participate in month-end process to meet its deadline; and
- Maintain the fixed assets register, determine depreciation to be calculated and recorded for management and accounting purposes.
- Degree in Accountancy, ACCA or equivalent.
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Meticulous and proficient in accounting software (preferably in Workday) and G-suite/MS Office.
- Able to communicate in English and Cantonese on a business level.
- Able to multitask and prioritise work scope efficiently..
- Possess good attitude and able to work independently as well as being a proactive team member.
- Assertive yet tactful with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.