BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world's most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
Analyse, enhance and develop algorithmic trading strategies, working closely with trading desk and quant teams to build systematic models of new trading ideas. This role will also work to provide instrumentation of the trading stack to provide real-time metrics to identify latency bottlenecks and highlight optimisation opportunities.
- Work with trading and quant teams to build and enhance existing, and develop new systematic trading strategies.
- Enhance real-time monitoring of the algo trading platform through telemetry and instrumentation.
- Contribute to feature development of components of the full trading platform such as SOR, flow internalisers and exchange or client connectivity services.
- 5+ years of Java
- 2+ years experience developing algo strategies used for benchmark, prop or FX trading.
- Strong understanding of concurrent application development concepts.
- Application benchmarking and performance analysis.
- Experience implementing instrumentation through telemetry using tools such as Lightstep.
- Following TDD/BDD methodologies and clean coding practices.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Comfortable working with developer tools such as GIT, Jira and Confluence.
- Familiar with automated build, test and deployment pipelines (e.g. GitLab or Jenkins).
- Strong problem-solving skills and a confident communicator.
- Ability to work independently and comfortably to tight schedules.
Nice to Have
- Experience with systematic cryptocurrency trading.
- Python development experience.
- Experience developing distributed components which communicate over middleware solutions such as NATS, Kafka, TibCo and LBM.
- Understanding of the FIX specification.
- Interacting with and querying KDB datasets.
- Experience with deploying applications into the cloud and using container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of logging, metrics and tracing concepts using tools such as Splunk, ELK stack, Lightstep and TICK stack.
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.