Bitly is looking for a staff accountant who will assist in the overall functions of the Accounting and Finance Department. This role requires experiences in month end close activities. Working with the Finance Manager / Controller, the ideal candidate will be able to assist with regular month end closing responsibilities, including preparing journal entries and monthly account reconciliations. Additionally, this role will work closely with the team on other related day-to-day accounting functions.
- Reconciliation of accounts for the month-end close
- Preparation and posting of monthly accruals
- Preparation of general ledger entries
- Help with annual audit requests
- Other projects and duties, as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 2-4 years of work experience, ideally in a SaaS company
- Ability to learn/use a variety of financial software tools; Intacct and Salesforce experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Great attitude with the desire to be a key player on a strong team in a fun, fast-paced work environment
At Bitly, we celebrate our differences and are committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We truly believe in the power and benefits gained by bringing together the perspectives of people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We all work to make sure that Bitly is a welcome, comfortable, and productive place where each of us can make a difference.
We are proud of our community and our culture. We are actively looking for team members who align with the Bitly mission and values. Our mission is to empower marketers to make better decisions by providing insight into the connected world.
- >(!=) We strive for excellence in all we do. We care.
- Knowledge is power. We are curious. We strive to discover new things and share them with the world.
- Do or do not; there is no try. We will do great things. We will take risks. We will make it happen.
- This land is our land. We are in this together, and we are all owners.
- RESPECT. We treat our teammates, customers and partners with integrity and value the relationships that we build.
Perks of being part of the team at Bitly:
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options.
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance offered (all LGBT friendly).
- 401k with up to 4% employer match.
- Sherpaa membership; doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 + expert insurance guidance.
- Flexible vacation, personal time, and work from home policies.
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families.
- Mothers’ room available.
- Company sponsored conference speaking and attendance.
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches.
- Gorgeous new offices in New York’s Flatiron, Denver’s Platte, and San Francisco's Mission.
- Quarterly Hack weeks.
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities.
- Dog and bike friendly.