BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with custody liquidity, and security solutions. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through our prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, we launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for an experienced Director of Engineering who will lead our Custody Engineering division to scale our custody business and expand the capabilities of the programmatic wallets that power all of our business lines. This is not a hands-on coding role, but the Director of Engineering is expected to be closely involved technically in the work of the team.
- Be accountable for growing BitGo’s core business of custodying digital assets
- Collaborate with Product, Trust, Compliance, and other key stakeholders to set the product and technical vision and roadmap for Custody, and to successfully execute against the same
- Coach engineering managers to grow the next generation of senior engineering leaders at BitGo
- Actively foster an engineering-wide culture that embodies our values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, craftsmanship, and a client first approach
Required Skills & Experience:
- 14+ years of professional experience in software engineering, 6+ years in a managerial role, 2+ years in a role leading managers
- Experience in crypto, professional or personal, or an interest in the same
- Experience successfully onboarding onto a new organization as a manager or director
- Track record of sourcing and hiring top engineering talent, including managerial talent
- Proven success leading engineering-wide initiatives
- Demonstrated history of collaborating with product to come up with a product roadmap
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working with business stakeholders
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, craftsmanship, and a client first approach. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed finance.