Deputy AML Officer - BitGo Deutschland GmbH
BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. BitGo's customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is currently looking to hire a Deputy AML Officer in Germany who will report directly into the Managing Director (Geschäftsführer) of BitGo Deutschland GmbH and the Chief Compliance Officer of BitGo Inc. This is an excellent opportunity for mid-senior level AML professionals to take on a crucial role that will serve as part of the foundation for BitGo Deutschland GmbH. This role has the capacity to be mostly/fully remote for the time being but the candidates must reside in Germany and speak English and native German.
- Report directly to the Managing Director of BitGo Deutschland GmbH, Deputy CCO/CCO, and the Board of Directors, and periodically provide AML information to directors to ensure adequate Board oversight of the Firm's AML program.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant AML laws and regulations within Germany (Geldwäschegesetz), including all policies, procedures and regulatory requirementsRespond to AML related compliance questions.
- Manage all AML related software and surveillance systems.
- Serve as the Firm's liaison with internal and external auditors
- Respond to corrective action for noted deficiencies from exams and audits
- File Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) as appropriate on a timely basis. Maintain confidentiality relative to customer information and the filing of SARs.
- Develop, implement and update the Enterprise AML Risk Assessment
- Prepare reports for the Executive Management and Board of Directors on a periodic basis
- Responsible for overseeing the annual Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) review process to ensure client risk ratings are appropriately assigned
- Prepares metrics and/or reports for the Board of Directors on a periodic basis; to ensure the Board is kept fully informed of the AML program, including but not limited to trends in high risk customer on/off boarding, SARs, AML and Sanctions typologies
- Oversee the Firm's Sanction Screening policies, procedures and systems
- Develop, implement and maintain the Firm's AML Transaction Monitoring System.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Relevant experience in an AML related role as an AML Officer
- Prior work experience within German financial institutions
- Strong understanding/working comprehension of German AML laws (Geldwäschegesetz)
- Comprehensive understanding of direct AML policies/procedures in addition to general banking and brokerage operations activities, products and services, and compliance regulations and laws
- Experience within data protection & governance as it pertains to AML processes
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, regulators and examiners
- ACAMS & CCP Certification is a plus
- Proven decision making, deductive and investigative abilities with attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity and passion for virtual currency
- Ability to proactively identify and assess potential concerns and risks
- Ability to resolve issues, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Persuasive and team-oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal, writing, communication and organizational skills with the ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.