BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Application Security Engineer to help build out and participate in application security reviews and threat modeling, including security code review, architectural design, and dynamic testing. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified engineers will have experience with OWASP, static/dynamic analysis, and common security tools.
- Participate in application security reviews and threat modeling, including security code review, architectural design, and dynamic testing.
- Help Software Engineers in security best practices.
- Own and perform application security vulnerability management.
- Support the bug bounty program.
- Facilitate and support the preparation of security releases.
- Support and consult with Product and development teams in the area of application security.
- Assist in the creation of security training.
- Assist in development of automated security testing to validate that secure coding best practices are being used.
Required Skills & Experience:
BitGo is looking for people who are passionate about their craft, take full ownership for their work and projects, and believe in a transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making BitGo successful.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of Information Security.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Software Development.
- Familarity with common libraries, security controls, and common security flaws.
- Experience with OWASP, static/dynamic analysis, and common security tools.
- A basic understanding of network and web related protocols (such a TCP/IP, UDP, TPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, protocols).
- Experience in vulnerability management lifecycle.
- Familiarity with cloud, security, and best practices.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a huge fan of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
- Security Certifications are a plus.
- BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location.
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.