BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
This role can be worked remotely so long as your home base is metro San Francisco, Palo Alto, NYC, Austin, Seattle or Toronto, Canada. (Highly qualified candidates in alternative locations are encouraged to apply.)
BitGo is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer (Backend) who will join our Bitcoin Team. BitGo processes a significant amount of cryptocurrency transactions so our applications need to be fast, accurate, scalable and secure. Our integrated platforms interact with a number of exchanges, agencies, and governments around the world, and we use the best technology the industry offers to build them.
- Enhance our multi-signature Bitcoin wallets with the latest and greatest features that Bitcoin has to offer, at the scale of billions of dollars per month
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment and customer integration
- Improve, extend and maintain existing software which integrates with the Bitcoin blockchain and bitcoind fullnode
- Expose and document API features for usage by the customer facing BitGo wallet UI, third-party developers, and our internal and external tooling
- Collaborate closely with all engineering teams to ensure consistency in understanding of technical requirements and overall work quality
- Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through sharing your knowledge and passion for Bitcoin
Skills & Experience
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values of open communication, collaboration, accountability, and craftsmanship, and who feel passionate about our mission to deliver trust in digital assets.
- Strong understanding of fundamental Bitcoin blockchain mechanics, including bitcoind RPC commands, P2SH scripts and multisig opcodes, Segwit (wrapped and native), CPFP, RBF, UTXO selection and BIP 32 key derivation
- Familiarity with emerging Bitcoin features, such as BIP 340/341/342/350 (Taproot/Schnorr/bech32m) and Lightning
- Passion for enabling cutting-edge Bitcoin features at scale
- At least 5 years of back-end or protocol-level software development experience
- Believes in testing twice (or more), and shipping once
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Active or previous contributor to Bitcoin Core, Lightning or other Bitcoin-related open source software
- Strong experience with RESTful API design
- Comfortable with git and Github-based code review
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits may vary based on location.
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.