BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Software Engineer, Blockchain (ETH/DeFi/WBTC) who will join our tokenization and DeFi integration team as an early member. This role can be worked remotely so long as your home base is metro San Francisco, Palo Alto, NYC, Austin, Seattle or Toronto, Canada.
- Early contributor to BitGo’s further expansion into the DeFi ecosystem
- Expanding upon and maintaining WBTC’s tokenization engine and internal tooling
- Participate in development of WBTC on new blockchains
- Own the expansion and maintenance of the wbtc.network website
- Responsible for systems uptime and alerting for support personnel
- Work closely with the Product Manager to resolve any blockers that hinder daily operations
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
Who you are:
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual
- Security minded
- Self-starter, reliable and dependable
- Interested in DeFi and the cryptocurrencies ecosystem
- Product oriented
- Flexible with urgent and unforeseen issues
- Having worked with some NodeJS required. Heavy experience is a plus
- Strong experience with taking a set of requirements and implementing them fully with minimal guidance
- Experience with RESTful programming conventions
- Experience with ORMs
- Strong experience with SQL/NoSQL
- A depth of knowledge and implementation experience
Nice to have:
- Cryptocurrency experience (any of the following):
- BTC - Operational knowledge of Bitcoin sending and receiving
- ETH - Solidity experience. Understanding the current market sentiment with DeFi
- Others - Any API interaction or node-level interaction
- Front-end experience -
- Exposure to a front-end framework (React, Angular)
- Experience in finance and financial products
- Containers and orchestration
- Containerized environment experience - Docker compose, Gitlab CI, Kubernetes
- CI/CD environments - Jenkins, drone, ArgoCD
- OpenAPI specification a plus
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.