BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for an Engineering Manager who will join our team in the United States. BitGo processes a significant amount of cryptocurrency transactions so our applications need to be fast, accurate, scalable and secure. Our integrated platforms interact with a number of exchanges, agencies, and governments around the world, and we use the best technology the industry offers to build them.
- Lead and develop a team of talented and high-impact engineers, providing cultural, technical, and hands-on leadership
- Drive the development of Hardware Security Modules (HSM) and other security-oriented products supporting key creation and transaction signing
- Grow the team and actively help shape the culture of open communication, craftsmanship, and ownership
- Facilitate thorough documentation and knowledge sharing
- Take direct responsibility for quality, delivery, and uptime of the team’s products
- Interact with clients, product managers, and business leaders to gather and understand requirements around BitGo’s security-first products
- Collaborate with management and product teams to prioritize, estimate cost, spec upcoming features and services
- Champion the technical requirements of your team’s projects, ensuring they receive adequate resourcing
- Work closely with company leadership to identify upcoming opportunities and risks
- Resolve escalations arising from operations and work with various teams to solve problems
- Advocate for a positive engineering environment and engaging culture
- Facilitate high work productivity within team and cross-team
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading development teams
- 6+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, 2+ years as a manager
- Strong knowledge and experience with security engineering and system security in production environments
- Experience driving key security initiatives, including hardware security, application security, cryptography, and vulnerability management
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-volume applications
- Strong working knowledge of modern software development methodologies, software design patterns, and SDLC
- Proven experience sourcing and hiring top engineering talent
- Shipped multiple projects and services to large scale consumers
- A self-starter capable of adapting quickly and being decisive
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to see blockchain technology adopted by the world
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.