BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Firmware Engineer to join our team. BitGo processes a significant amount of cryptocurrency transactions so our applications need to be fast, accurate, scalable and secure. Our integrated platforms interact with a number of exchanges, agencies, and governments around the world, and we use the best technology the industry offers to build them.
- Develop and modify code to be deployed to Hardware Security Modules (HSM) in C environment
- Support ongoing blockchain feature development by performing key creation, manipulation, and transaction signing within the HSM.
- Debug system using the testing and diagnostic routines on the hardware system and potentially in simulation
- Document features of the HSM behavior
- Collaborate with other backend engineers to integrate HSM within BitGo’s platform application
- Work with operations team to test and deploy changes to various staging and production environments.
- Plan and/or execute key ceremonies where needed.
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Competent in C/C++
- Passion for creating effective and pragmatic cryptographic designs
- Strong expertise in fundamental cryptographic algorithms and the underlying mathematics, such as finite field arithmetic
- Deep understanding of side-channel attacks and other challenges to modern applied cryptography
- Very strong hardware security fundamentals
- Capable of conducting independent research on specific hardware and/or hardware features, and present findings to key stakeholders
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.