Bitcoin Depot is seeking a Compliance Support Agent.
Please note this role is for an international contractor based out of South America.
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA);
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML);
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and sanctions;
Bitcoin Depot is one of the largest multi-cryptocurrency ATM Networks in the world offering users the ability to buy and sell Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum instantly at hundreds of locations. Our mission is to provide the most secure, convenient, and fastest cryptocurrency transaction. Our vision is to bring the cryptocurrency market to the masses.
The Compliance Analyst will be exposed to an array of compliance activities, but will primarily be tasked to work effectively with multiple complex data sources and/or technical analytical tools/resources to identify potentially unusual, fraudulent, criminal or suspicious activity as defined by AML/BSA regulations and industry best practices for AML/BSA analysis. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Decision transaction monitoring, sanctions, and customer account alerts;
- Completes enhanced due diligence on customer accounts triggered by dollar value thresholds.
Other responsibilities to include:
- Assist the Compliance Officer with the investigative process for law enforcement requests, audit requests, regulatory requests, and banking partner requests;
- Drafts Currency Transaction Reports (CTR);
- Supports Compliance self-testing efforts;
- Building customer diligence file by downloading diligence documents from source system to case management system;
- Communicating progress to team and management; and
- Experience with Entropy, BitAccess, ComplyAdvantage and/or Been Verified is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is required.
- Two or more years of financial crimes related experience (e.g.; anti-money laundering, fraud, investigations / SARs, economic sanctions, anti-corruption and bribery);
- Excellent oral, written, critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, and rules impacting the financial services and crypto currency industries;
- Sound understanding of compliance and operational risks and internal control frameworks;
- Strong analytical / research skills coupled with ability to effectively summarize findings in a succinct and organized manner;
- Ability to grasp complex processes quickly and be able to identify risks and compensating controls;
- Excellent problem solving abilities and results oriented; able to make decisions independently; and
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow detailed procedures/instructions exactly
- Ability to manage personal workload and keep track of/meet strict deadlines
- Excellent intuition/risk based decision making
- Extreme organization/attention to detail
- Excellent online research/investigative skills