Bison Trails is the leading blockchain infrastructure provider, and we are looking for an exceptional Front-End Software Engineer to join our highly-skilled and passionate team in New York City. As a Front-End Engineer on our team, you will be working on building a platform that will enable and support more streamlined experiences for key users of blockchains while gaining an in-depth understanding of next-generation consensus algorithms and new networks.
We believe in the power of blockchain technology and building a decentralized future that enables greater participation in global financial networks. Our mission is to provide superior infrastructure for multiple blockchains, strengthen the entire ecosystem, and enable the pioneers of tomorrow.
As a Front-End Engineer at Bison Trails, you will…
- Write code. This position will be writing software every day.
- Interact and collaborate with other engineers, designers, and team members. Our team is highly collaborative and we have a focus on creating a shared understanding of systems and helping out.
- Design and prototype new features.
- Contribute to the core Bison Trails infrastructure platform. Gain a deep understanding of our current infrastructure platform.
- Contribute to architecture discussions.
- Learn about new blockchain networks, consensus algorithms, and the infrastructure it takes to run them.
- Code reviews. We encourage frequent and open feedback.
- Incorporate logging and observability to systems that allow us to debug, diagnose and fix problems.
- Write integration tests and contribute to maintaining a healthy CI/CD pipeline.
You will need…
- 5+ years of front-end engineering experience
- Expertise in CSS and HTML
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, comfortable with a rapidly changing office environment
- Attention to detail while being able to think and analyze holistically and at a high level
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Bonus points for…
- Familiarity with go, terraform, or kubernetes
- Blockchain experience
- Experience deploying blockchain infrastructure
- Experience working with or writing smart contracts
We are headquartered in Tribeca, NYC. We provide competitive industry salaries along with:
* Company-paid health, dental, vision
* 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
* Flexible PTO
* Training, mentorship, and coaching from industry leaders and company leadership
* The opportunity to grow alongside a company that is helping create the decentralized future
* The opportunity to work in tandem with fun, diverse and open-minded colleagues
As a company, we believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace and culture based on our values. Empathy informs how we work together as a team, how we service our customers, and how we approach the products we build. We believe empathy extends beyond our company to how we interface with the world. It’s a value to uphold in all areas of life and is deeply connected to the future world we envision.