Bison Trails is the leading blockchain infrastructure provider, and we are looking for an exceptional Blockchain Network Engineer to join our highly-skilled and passionate team in New York City. The ideal candidate is an experienced, motivated, self-starting engineer with a love for building containerized applications in a cloud native development environment.
We believe in the power of blockchain technology and building a decentralized future that enables greater participation in global financial networks. Our mission is to provide superior infrastructure for multiple blockchains, strengthen the entire ecosystem, and enable the pioneers of tomorrow.
As a Blockchain Network Engineer at Bison Trails, you will…
- Work to support new and existing blockchain networks on our platform. This means dockerizing, YAML templating, and otherwise writing code that facilitates different networks running on our Kubernetes based platform every day
- Research complex topics around specific blockchain networks including consensus algorithms, economic models, and node/network topology.
- Interact and collaborate with other engineers and team members; we have a highly focused and collaborative team. Our team prioritizes creating a shared understanding of our systems/supported networks, and we are dedicated to supporting each other on a daily basis.
- Contribute to blockchain network support discussions. We are looking for a strong technical leader that can help drive and own support for multiple networks.
- Participate in the overall blockchain network community. Join third party discussions and become a contributor to the development of new and existing networks.
- Build services and infrastructure that help to automate the deployment of blockchain network infrastructure
- Incorporate monitoring, alerting, and observability to support blockchain networks that allow us to maintain the highest standards of health, reliability and uptime.
- Write integration tests and contribute to maintaining a healthy CI/CD pipeline.
You will need…
- 3-5 years of infrastructure or back-end engineering experience under your belt
- The motivation to self-start, and a proven track record of shipping quality product
- The ability to proactively manage the needs of a growing company with minimal oversight
- An analytical mindset. You should feel comfortable using qualitative and quantitative data to inform your decision making
- Proficiency in a modern programming language such as Go, Python, or Rust
- Experience containerizing modern applications, particularly distributed systems like blockchain networks (though experience with blockchain networks in particular is not a requirement)
- Familiarity with Go and the Kubernetes ecosystem, but you don’t necessarily need to be an expert
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The drive to build something meaningful in a groundbreaking, entrepreneurial environment
- Note: While a degree in CS is nice, you don't need one--or any other kind of degree--to work here. Some of the best people come from non-traditional backgrounds and disciplines, and we’re dedicated to supporting our employees’ education and growth.
We are headquartered in Tribeca, NYC. We provide competitive industry salaries along with:
* Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
* 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
* Flexible PTO
* Training, mentorship, and coaching from industry leaders and company leadership
* The opportunity to grow alongside a company that is helping create the decentralized future
* The opportunity to work in tandem with fun, diverse and open-minded colleagues
As a company, we believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace and culture based on our values. Empathy informs how we work together as a team, how we service our customers, and how we approach the products we build. We believe empathy extends beyond our company to how we interface with the world. It’s a value to uphold in all areas of life and is deeply connected to the future world we envision.