Bison Trails is the leading blockchain infrastructure provider, and we are looking for an exceptional Security Engineer to join our highly-skilled and passionate team in New York City. The ideal candidate is an experienced, motivated, self-starting engineer with experience securing distributed systems across one or more cloud providers.
We believe in the power of blockchain technology and building a decentralized future that enables greater participation in global financial networks. Our mission is to provide superior infrastructure on multiple blockchains, to strengthen the entire ecosystem, and enable the pioneers of tomorrow.
As a Security Engineer at Bison Trails, you will…
- Establish and own projects to improve the overall security of the Bison Trails platform
- Research complex security topics around blockchain, asymmetric cryptography, smart contracts, key management, block signing/verification and authentication
- Be a champion of security and seek to advance the state of security practices within the engineering organization
- Respond to security events and lead security investigations and mitigation
- Identify risks in code, applications, software architecture, internal development processes and infrastructure
- Secure services and infrastructure that help to automate the deployment of blockchain network infrastructure
- Develop tools and automation that integrate security into systems and process, enabling our team to function more securely by nature
- Interact and collaborate with other engineers and team members; we have a highly focused and collaborative team. Our team prioritizes creating a shared understanding of our systems/supported networks, and we are dedicated to supporting each other on a daily basis.
You will need…
- 5+ years of production security experience under your belt
- The motivation to self-start, and a proven track record of shipping quality product
- The ability to proactively manage the needs of a growing company with minimal oversight
- An analytical mindset; You should feel comfortable using qualitative and quantitative data to inform your decision-making
- Proficiency in a modern programming language such as Go, Python, or Rust.
- Experience in all layers of the modern security stack, including cloud infrastructure, HSMs, secure network topology, and container/machine level attack vectors.
- Familiarity with Go and the Kubernetes ecosystem, but are not necessarily an expert
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The drive to build something meaningful in a groundbreaking, entrepreneurial environment
- Note: While a degree in CS is nice, you don't need one--or any other kind of degree--to work here. Some of the best people come from non-traditional backgrounds and disciplines.
The following might be nice, but if you don’t have them, don’t worry: we’re dedicated to supporting our employees’ education and growth.
- You have been securing Kubernetes workloads for at least a year
- You have worked with the security of blockchain networks in a professional capacity
- Experience with physical security systems for digital assets
We are headquartered in Tribeca, NYC. We provide competitive industry salaries along with:
* Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
* 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefitsFlexible PTO
* Training, mentorship, and coaching from industry leaders and company leadership
* The opportunity to grow alongside a company that is helping create the decentralized future
* Fun, diverse and open-minded colleagues
As a company, we believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace and culture based on our values. Empathy informs how we work together as a team, how we service our customers, and how we approach the products we build. We believe empathy extends beyond our company to how we interface with the world. It’s a value to uphold in all areas of life and is deeply connected to the future world we envision.