Bison Trails is the easiest way to run secure nodes on multiple blockchains. Our mission is to provide superior infrastructure to strengthen the entire blockchain ecosystem and enable the pioneers of tomorrow. We service some of the world's top custodians, exchanges, and funds that want an easy way to participate in blockchain networks securely.
Bison Trails is pioneering blockchain infrastructure, and we are looking for an Experienced DevOps Engineer to join our highly skilled and committed team, headquartered in New York City's Tribeca neighborhood and working from across the United States.
As an Experienced DevOps Engineer at Bison Trails, you will…
- Build services and infrastructure that help to automate the deployment of blockchain network infrastructure.
- Write cloud-agnostic infrastructure as code. Infrastructure is in our DNA and is our primary output as a team. You will produce Terraform HCL and Kubernetes YAML on a daily basis.
- Interact and collaborate with other engineers and team members; we have a highly focused and collaborative team. We prioritize creating a shared understanding of our systems and supported networks, and we are dedicated to supporting each other on a daily basis.
- Incorporate monitoring, alerting, and observability into our platform to promote the highest standards of system health, reliability, and uptime.
- Maintain security and compliance standards; the security of our infrastructure and our customers’ infrastructure is our utmost priority.
- Build easy-to-use tooling that helps accelerate our engineering teams and processes.
- Automate deployment, validation, and quality control procedures across our entire company.
- Write integration tests and contribute to maintaining a healthy CI/CD pipeline.
You will need…
- The ability to proactively manage the needs of a growing company with minimal oversight.
- An analytical mindset; you should feel comfortable using qualitative and quantitative data to inform your decision-making.
- In-depth knowledge of Unix or Linux and the command line.
- Proficiency in a modern programming language such as Go, Python, or Rust.
- Experience in containerizing modern applications with Docker.
- Skill in defining infrastructure as code with Terraform or other similar tools.
- Familiarity with container orchestration and the Cloud Native ecosystem
- The ability to identify human processes that can be scripted and automated and the skills to script and automate them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The drive to build something meaningful in a groundbreaking, entrepreneurial environment.
This role does not require a degree in computer science. We think creativity and excellence benefit from diverse backgrounds and disciplines.
The following are desirable, but if you don’t have them, no worries—we’re dedicated to supporting our employees’ education and growth.
- Experience with more than one of the leading cloud providers (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience with a service mesh technology such as Istio or Consul
- Experience running blockchain infrastructure
We provide competitive industry salaries along with:
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, diverse, and open-minded colleagues
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from company and industry leaders
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company that is helping create the decentralized future
Our interview process:
- 30 minute introductory video call—chat with a member of our infrastructure team
- 45 minute technical screen—one critical thinking exercise, one programming literacy task
- 1 day serial interview
- 60 minute architectural discussion
- 60 minute coding challenge
- 2 x 60 minute behavioral interviews
- 15 minute wrap up interview
- 3 x 30 minute interview with leadership
- Offer extended
As a company, we believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace and culture based on our values. Empathy informs how we work together as a team, how we service our customers, and how we approach the products we build. We believe empathy extends beyond our company to how we interface with the world. It’s a value to uphold in all areas of life and is deeply connected to the future world we envision.