Bison Trails is pioneering blockchain infrastructure, and we are looking for an exceptional Experienced DevOps Engineer to join our highly-skilled and passionate team working from New York City and across the United States. The ideal candidate is an experienced, motivated, self-starting engineer with experience building distributed systems across one or more cloud providers.
We believe in the power of blockchain technology and building a decentralized future that enables greater participation in global financial networks. Our mission is to provide superior infrastructure on multiple blockchains, to strengthen the entire ecosystem, and enable the pioneers of tomorrow.
As an Experienced DevOps Engineer at Bison Trails, you will…
- Write cloud-agnostic infrastructure as code. Infrastructure is in our DNA and is our primary output as a team. You will produce Terraform HCL and Kubernetes YAML on a daily basis.
- Build easy-to-use tooling that helps accelerate our engineering teams and processes.
- Automate deployment, validation, and quality control processes across our entire company.
- Maintain security and compliance standards; the security of our infrastructure and our customers’ infrastructure is our utmost priority.
- Interact and collaborate with other engineers and team members; we have a highly focused and collaborative team. Our team prioritizes creating a shared understanding of our systems/supported networks, and we are dedicated to supporting each other on a daily basis.
- Contribute to architecture discussions. We are looking for a technical subject matter expert that can help drive and support multiple pieces of core infrastructure.
- Build services and infrastructure that help to automate the deployment of blockchain network infrastructure.
- Incorporate monitoring, alerting, and observability into our platform to allow us to maintain the highest standards of health, reliability, and uptime.
- Write integration tests and contribute to maintaining a healthy CI/CD pipeline.
You will need…
- 5+ years of production cloud infrastructure experience under your belt
- The motivation to self-start, and a proven track record of shipping quality infrastructure and tooling
- The ability to proactively manage the needs of a growing company with minimal oversight
- An analytical mindset; you should feel comfortable using qualitative and quantitative data to inform your decision-making
- In-depth knowledge of Unix/Linux and similar systems
- Proficiency in a modern programming language such as Go, Python, and Rust
- Experience in containerizing modern applications with Docker
- Skill in defining infrastructure through code with Terraform
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and the Cloud Native ecosystem
- The ability to identify any process that can be scripted and automated, and the skills to script and automate it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The drive to build something meaningful in a groundbreaking, entrepreneurial environment
- Note: While a degree in CS is nice, you don't need one--or any other kind of degree--to work here. Some of the best people come from non-traditional backgrounds and disciplines.
The following might be nice, but if you don’t have them, don’t worry: we’re dedicated to supporting our employees’ education and growth.
- Experience with all three of the leading cloud providers (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Extensive experience with a Service Mesh technology like Istio or Consul
- Experience running blockchain infrastructure
We are headquartered in Tribeca, NYC. We provide competitive industry salaries along with:
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from industry leaders and company leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company that is helping create the decentralized future
- Fun, diverse, and open-minded colleagues
As a company, we believe diversity drives innovation and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace and culture based on our values. Empathy informs how we work together as a team, how we service our customers, and how we approach the products we build. We believe empathy extends beyond our company to how we interface with the world. It’s a value to uphold in all areas of life and is deeply connected to the future world we envision.