BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup company focused on bringing Revolution in Resolution in single-cell genomics. BioSkryb’s core technology, primary template-directed amplification (PTA), enables even and unbiased coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unprecedented accuracy and uniformity in variant calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single-cell and low-input DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like Cancer Genomics, Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT), Neurology, Microbiome Genomics and Minimal Residual Disease testing.
We are seeking a Territory Sales Manager to join an exciting, fast-growing, and well-financed company to provide outstanding application support our customers and collaborators.
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for enhancing visibility and adoption of BioSkryb products (consumables, instruments, and software) and services while ensuring customer satisfaction. The individual will build strong customer relationships while selling proprietary/advanced technology products and services in the defined area. The ideal applicant will have a scientific background, with proven knowledge in single-cell omics, multi-omics, and strong knowledge of genomic sequencing / molecular biology applications.
The role reports directly to the North American VP of Business Development, Global Head Genomics Services and is based out of the Durham, NC office – remote options could be considered for the right candidate.
- Sales Revenue/Budgets (Sales Quota) – Meet or exceed sales targets for assigned territory across reagents, instruments, software, and services.
- Qualify opportunities and negotiate volume, contractual (standing orders) for high volume opportunities in single-cell DNA sequencing sample preparation and provide reliable and dependable forecasting up to 3 quarters in advance.
- Mobilize regional (e.g., FAS) and international (e.g., product management, marketing communications and R&D) to ensure the correct information, tools are provided to generate good leads, nurture prospects, and work the opportunities to commercial success.
- Strategy – Implementation of a sales territory plan for assigned territory. Focus on high value markets (e.g., cancer, neurology, cardiology, immunology) and segments (e.g., bioprocessing, toxicology, and microbiome) and work to the territory plan to acquire new customers and drive quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year growth
- Customer Focus – Through consultative selling, enhance customer satisfaction and increase our competitive advantage while building trust and relationships with customers. Maintain and develop strong relationships with key customers and references. Leverage strong customer relations to drive for advocacy and work as a champion for BioSkryb to drive broader utilization of our products and services by hosting institutional seminars/webinars and access to key consortia in the single-cell market(s).
- Sales Methodology – Develop and integrate an effective portfolio business plan with appropriate team members in the assigned territory. Perform pre-call planning and/or coordinating with FAS for increased sales effectiveness.
- Conduct seminars/exhibitions and increase number of strategic partnerships within market. Communicate market information through business teams, CRM market feedback, and/or other approved channels.
- Involve and support team members to achieve mutual company goals and objectives. Daily use of CRM database for input and output of customer information to increase sales effectiveness. Meet expense budget guidelines. Utilize communication channels to ensure effective communication across business units.
- Provide market feedback and market analysis for new concepts and products
- Develop sales materials to drive business objectives
- Bachelor of Science required with 2-3 years of relevant lab experience
- Proven track record of 3 to 5 years of directly related sales experience
- Technical expertise in defined specialist market with broad knowledge of molecular biology based products (e.g., single-cell platforms, NGS, real time PCR)
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Sell to academia, industry, and bio-pharma clients
- Sell against competitors in assigned marketplace
- Drive adoption of new technologies through key opinion leaders, seminars, national conferences, references and other as applicable
- Ability to sell a new to market product with experience prospecting new customers
- Ability to travel within the assigned sales territory
- Transparent: We are authentic, sincere, accountable, always act with integrity and genuineness.
- Tenacious: Our courage, agility and focus fuel our resolve to never give up and always look for a better way.
- Passionate: We love what we do and are driven to make a difference in this world because we know it is needed.
- Creative: Brilliant ideas come from diverse opinions and perspectives, and the desire to attempt the unimaginable.
- Connected: We are like a large, extended family sharing the responsibility of our collective success.
BioSkryb, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.