BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup bringing new solutions for cellular heterogeneity in both the research and clinical space studies using our proprietary genome amplification system.
BioSkryb’s ResolveDNA™ technology enables even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low input DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, and Minimal Residual Disease testing. Our team, comprised of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact in the world of genomics.
We are seeking an energetic, focused Scientific Writer to work closely with our scientific team to help shape and execute communication of our work in the development and application of new methodologies. You will have the opportunity to make impactful contributions in a fast-paced and dynamic research environment at the cutting edge of genomic research and bioinformatics.
Ideal position for a highly motivated individual who thrives by taking the initiative to apply both scientific and communication skills in an intellectually stimulating, collaborative, and social environment. Remote contractual position 25 +/- hrs per week.
- Effectively partner with multiple stakeholders to write, edit, and proofread clear and concise written materials to deliver scientific publications and presentations, including but not limited to peer-reviewed journal articles, protocols, product brochures, abstracts, posters, and web-based content on time
- Participate in group meetings to help plan and execute multiple, concurrent high quality scientific communications projects
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts (KOLs) and other scientific staff to gather data for documentation
- Communicate with internal stakeholders as needed to ensure deadlines are met
- Understand publication-related guidelines for authorship and good publication practices (GPP3, ICMJE, ISMPP), and make recommendations as needed to adhere to company policies, procedures, and industry standards
- Independently collate and assemble materials for publishing or sharing internally and externally
- Use a Document Control System (Master Control) to coordinate document review, approval, and release
- Develop an understanding of products and users to generate and implement documents that improve the web-based user experience
- Perform literature searches/reviews and write summary reports of findings
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline (biology, bioinformatics, genomics, medicine, or a related field) and 3+ years experience as a scientific or medical writer, or advanced degree (masters or PhD) in scientific discipline, preferably genomics or a related field, and 1+ years as a scientific or medical writer.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google applications (e.g., Google Docs, Google Sheets, Word, Excel, Power Point) and Adobe Suite, particularly Adobe Indesign, is required
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Proficiency in English with excellent grammatical and editorial skills a must
- Experience preparing literature summaries for a range of audiences
- Experience preparing manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and presentations
- Experience preparing figures using programs such as Adobe Illustrator is desirable
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and organizational skills, with excellent time and project management
- Ability to prioritize and perform required tasks independently and with limited guidance
- Ability to balance competing priorities and opinions, and deal with ambiguous or missing information
- Ability to identify and summarize important information from source documents, including subject matter that may be outside the writer’s prior experience
- Excellent skills in interpersonal communication, relationship building, and collaboration
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in or knowledge of single cell genomics
- Transparent: We are authentic, sincere, accountable, always act with integrity and genuineness.
- Tenacious: Our courage, agility and focus fuel our resolve to never give up and always look for a better way.
- Passionate: We love what we do and are driven to make a difference in this world because we know it is needed.
- Creative: Brilliant ideas come from diverse opinions and perspectives, and the desire to attempt the unimaginable.
- Connected: We are like a large, extended family sharing the responsibility of our collective success.
BioSkryb Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.