BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup company focused on bringing Revolution in Resolution in single-cell genomics. BioSkryb’s core technology, primary template-directed amplification (PTA), enables even and unbiased coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unprecedented accuracy and uniformity in variant calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single-cell and low-input DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like Cancer Genomics, Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT), Neurology, Microbiome Genomics and Minimal Residual Disease testing.
Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) - Northeast US
The TSS is responsible for enhancing customer satisfaction and building customer relationships while selling proprietary/advanced technology products and services in the defined area. The TSS must have five or more years of sales experience with an advanced Scientific degree preferred. Additionally, he or she must have proven knowledge in the specialized area with strong knowledge of Genomics/Next Generation Sequencing/Gene Expression products. The TSS must be considered globally as a key knowledge holder, contribute to the product development process and assist in the integration of new/acquired technology. He or she should be comfortable leading teams, experienced at project management and successful selling at all levels.
Main tasks (primary responsibilities) of the position area:
- Sales Revenue/Budgets (Sales Quota) – Meet or exceed sales targets for assigned BioSkryb Next Gen products/services and assigned business objectives. Support other specialists and representatives and develop tactical plans to maximize revenues.
- Strategy – Implementation of corporate strategy in defined key accounts. Negotiate contract and execute pricing strategy to maintain existing business and develop new business.
- Customer Focus – Through consultative selling, enhance customer satisfaction and increase our competitive advantage while building trust and relationships with customers. Maintain and develop strong relationships with key customers and references.
- Planning/Forecasting – Develop and integrate an effective portfolio business plan with appropriate team members in the assigned territory. Forecast within accuracy guidelines. Perform pre-call planning and/or coordinating with Field Application Scientist for increased sales effectiveness.
- Business/Markets - Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities and references. Conduct seminars/exhibitions and increase number of strategic partnerships within market. Communicate market information through business teams, CRM SOHO market feedback, and/or other approved channels.
- Manage Resources – Involve and support team members to achieve mutual company goals and objectives. Daily use of CRM database for input and output of customer information to increase sales effectiveness. Meet expense budget guidelines. Utilize communication channels to ensure effective communication across business units.
- Decision Making – Makes sounds business decisions based on relevant information, takes calculated risks as necessary to achieve business objectives.
Position area requirements, qualifications and experiences:
- Education level – minimum of Bachelor of Science (advanced Science degree in relevant discipline preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant lab experience
- Proven track record of 5 to 7 years of directly related sales experience (Genomics/Next Generation Sequencing/Single Cell Genomics, etc.)
- Technical expertise in defined specialist market with broad knowledge of Next Gen products
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Sell to committees, Chief Technology and Chief Executives levels
- Sell against competitors in assigned marketplace
- Drive adoption of new technologies through key opinion leaders, seminars, national conferences, references and other as applicable
- Validate successful selling channels, processes and opportunities
- Considered globally as a key knowledge holder for specific markets or applications including:
- Proprietary technologies, Consortiums, Industry standards and/or Regulatory guidelines
- Differentiating features and benefits of competitors products
- Networks of key opinion leaders in defined area
- Contributes to Sales and Marketing product development including:
- Technology and market assessment of portfolio gaps
- Provide market feedback and market analysis for new concepts and products
- Develop sales materials to drive business objectives
- Disseminate acquired knowledge, product information and services across the sales organization
- Proven experience in project management and complex sales
- Global business experience desired; fluent in English and second language preferable
BioSkryb Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.