Field Application Scientist (Northeast US)
BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup company focused on bringing Revolution in Resolution in single-cell genomics. BioSkryb’s core technology, primary template-directed amplification (PTA), enables even and unbiased coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unprecedented accuracy and uniformity in variant calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single-cell and low-input DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like Cancer Genomics, Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT), Neurology, Microbiome Genomics and Minimal Residual Disease testing.
We are seeking a Field Application Scientist (Northeast US) to join an exciting, fast-growing, and well-financed company to provide outstanding application support our customers and collaborators.
- Provide broad scientific and technical support to new and existing customers through virtual and on-site visits.
- Train new customers through presentations, in-person coaching, and hands-on demonstration.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with customers.
- Support customer success by applying BioSkryb technologies to their specific research areas or applications.
- Help organize and participate in trade shows, workshops, and webinars for broad technology awareness and brand promotion.
- Interact with the R&D, Bioinformatics, and Marketing teams to facilitate new application development and new product launches.
- Partner with the Sales team to generate sales leads and manage contacts using CRM software.
- Prepare technical documents for conference expo, scientific meetings, and other publications.
- Facilitate collaboration with industrial partners in new product development and co-marketing efforts.
Desired Skills and Background
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; MS with 3 years of experience; BA/BS with 5 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with NGS workflows and data analysis software and/or sorting cytometry and associated analysis software.
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques required; cell culture and flow cytometry/FACS experience.
- Broad knowledge of applied genomics, molecular biology, and biochemistry.
- Single-cell laboratory experience.
- 2+ years customer facing experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a matrixed team towards corporate goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation and training skills.
- Fluent with Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint and Word, prior experience with CRM software.
- Ability to manage a large territory.
- Good driving record and current passport required.
- Transparent: We are authentic, sincere, accountable, always act with integrity and genuineness.
- Tenacious: Our courage, agility and focus fuel our resolve to never give up and always look for a better way.
- Passionate: We love what we do and are driven to make a difference in this world because we know it is needed.
- Creative: Brilliant ideas come from diverse opinions and perspectives, and the desire to attempt the unimaginable.
- Connected: We are like a large, extended family sharing the responsibility of our collective success.
Must be able to travel up to 50% both in the US and abroad.
Primary Work Location
BioSkryb, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.