BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup bringing new solutions for cellular heterogeneity in both the research and clinical space studies using our proprietary genome amplification system.
BioSkryb’s ResolveDNA technology enables even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, personal genomics and Minimal Residual Disease testing.
We are seeking a Computational Biologist to join an exciting, fast-growing, and well-financed company to aid in the development of novel genome amplification applications. The individual will assist in the development, execution, and maintenance of computational workflows to understand and improve products in our development pipeline and to ensure the reproducibility and reliability of BioSkryb’s existing products.
- Assist with the design of methods for analyzing single-cell NGS data from eukaryotic and/or prokaryotic sources with a focus on human-derived data
- Analyze and interpret single-cell NGS data and report results to stakeholders
- Assist with the development and maintenance of internal tools and pipelines
- Ph.D. in biology, bioinformatics, or other computational field with 5+ years of experience analyzing NGS data
- Proven track record of success in analyzing NGS data.
- Understanding of computational biology algorithms and models including assembly, alignment, and variant calling, and the advantage and limitations of each
- Familiarity with common biological data formats, including VCF, GTF, GFF, and SAM
- Experience with python and R and performing analysis in Jupyter and RStudio notebooks
- Experience with Linux and common command line tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and motivated to move the team forward
- Above all, the ability and willingness to learn new skills and solve new challenges
- Familiarity with methods for running computational pipelines, particularly Cromwell and the wdl format
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience operating in cloud environment, preferably GCP
- Understanding of probability models and how they apply to variant calling
- Experience using package/environment management tools (conda, virtualenv) and Docker containers
- A deep understanding of biology
BioSkryb Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.