BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup company focused on bringing Revolution in Resolution in single cell genomics. BioSkryb’s core PTA (primary template directed amplification) technology enables even and unbiased coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unprecedented accuracy and uniformity in variant calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low input DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like PGT (Preimplantation Genetic Testing), Neurology, Cancer Genomics, Microbiome Genomics and Minimal Residual Disease testing.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join an exciting, fast-growing and well-financed company to develop best in class single cell genomics service product and offer high quality single cell sequencing services to our collaborators and customers. The individual will lead the development and execution of single cell sorting and sequencing workflow aiming at addressing the critical heterogeneity that defines biological systems and elucidates the mechanisms of pathology at the most basic level – the single cell genome.
- Develop and implement single cell sorting and NGS workflow to achieve optimal assay performance.
- Establish service product specifications and critical characteristics.
- Characterize customer submitted single cell and/or fresh frozen tissue samples using single cell Primary Template Directed Amplification (PTA) technology on a NGS sequencing platform.
- Enter and maintain customer sample information and laboratory data using LIMS.
- Monitor single cell NGS assay performance metrics and trouble shoot technical issues when arisen.
- Analyze experimental results and provide written protocols, reports and oral presentations.
- Work with internal Sales, FAS, R&D and Bioinformatics team to deliver results on collaborative and service projects.
Desired Skills and Background
- BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics considered. Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with manual and/or automated NGS workflows and data analysis software, prior experience in a service laboratory environment preferred.
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques required, cell culture and flow cytometry experience are considered a plus, single-cell laboratory experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge in the applied genomics, oncology, molecular biology, and biochemistry.
- Demonstrated experience in SOP drafting and revision, experience with Master Control document management system preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a matrix team towards corporate goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to details and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Fluent with Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced start up environment.
- Transparent: We are authentic, sincere, accountable, always act with integrity and genuineness.
- Tenacious: Our courage, agility and focus fuel our resolve to never give up and always look for a better way.
- Passionate: We love what we do and are driven to make a difference in this world because we know it is needed.
- Creative: Brilliant ideas come from diverse opinions and perspectives, and the desire to attempt the unimaginable.
- Connected: We are like a large, extended family sharing the responsibility of our collective success.
10% or less travel (domestic & international)
Primary Work Location
USA NC – Durham
BioSkryb, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.