BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup bringing new solutions for cellular heterogeneity in both the research and clinical space using our proprietary genome amplification system.
BioSkryb’s ResolveDNA™ technology enables even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low input DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, personal genomics, and Minimal Residual Disease testing.
We are seeking a Scientist I to join an exciting, fast-growing, and well-financed company to develop novel genome amplification applications. The individual will execute and develop procedures to ensure the reproducibility and reliability of products in our development pipeline. Duties will include the execution of cell and molecular biological techniques related to the amplification and analysis of single cells by genome sequencing. The successful candidate will design, perform, and analyze experiments for multiple programs, and will work independently to support process development, product characterization, and production.
- Work with the Production team for builds and QC of product offerings
- Cross-disciplinary interaction between Production and Research & Development teams
- Conduct genome amplification assays
- Prepare sequencing libraries using existing products and custom solutions
- Generate and analyze process development data to verify and validate products
- Analyze and present experimental data
- Assess and implement new analytical technologies
- Maintain cell lines in culture
- Assist with FACS of single cells for ResolveDNA™ whole genome amplification
- MS in life sciences and 5+ years of relevant molecular biology industrial or academic experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collegial, detail-orientated, and motivated to move the team forward
- Life sciences Ph.D.
- Hands-on experience with NGS library preparation
- Hands-on experience in operating Next Generation Sequencing systems (i.e. Illumina)
- FACS experience
- Experience with single-cell biology applications
We are especially interested in scientists who want to make strides in cancer genomics for therapeutic advancement and who have a genuine enthusiasm for doing work that has potential to be ultimately impactful in the oncology clinic.
BioSkryb Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.