BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup bringing new solutions for cellular heterogeneity in both the research and clinical space studies using our proprietary genome amplification system.
BioSkryb’s ResolveDNA technology enables even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, personal genomics and Minimal Residual Disease testing.
We are seeking to add a Field Applications Scientist to our team. The successful candidate will initially master the BioSkryb platform and be the external champion for the company, enabling customer success.
- Provide broad scientific and technical support to new and existing customers through virtual or on-site visits.
- Train new customers through presentations and hands on demos.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with individual customers.
- Support customer success in applying BioSkryb technologies to their specific research areas or applications.
- Help organize and participate in trade shows, workshops, and webinars for broad technology awareness and brand promotion.
- Interact with the internal R&D, Bioinformatics, and Marketing team to facilitate new application developments and product launch.
- Partner with Sales team in generating sales leads and manage contacts using CRM software.
- Prepare technical documents for conference expo, scientific meetings and other publications.
- Facilitate collaboration with industrial partners in new product development and co-marketing efforts.
Desired Skills and Background
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Genetics considered.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with NGS workflows and data analysis software and/or sorting cytometry and associated analysis software.
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques required; cell culture experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of applied genomics, molecular biology, and biochemistry.
- Single-cell laboratory experience is considered a plus.
- 2+ years customer facing experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a matrix team towards corporate goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation and training skills.
- Fluent with Microsoft applications such as PowerPoint and Word, prior experience with CRM software a plus.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%. Ability to manage a large territory.
- Multilingual skills are a plus.
BioSkryb Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.