BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup bringing new solutions for cellular heterogeneity in both the research and clinical space studies using our proprietary genome amplification system.
BioSkryb’s SkrybAmp technology enables even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, personal genomics and Minimal Residual Disease testing.
We recently closed our Series Seed funding round and are planning to grow rapidly in the coming months. We are looking for an experienced Director of Marketing who is excited join a venture-backed startup.
The Director of Marketing for Single-Cell products will grow and lead the marketing team to commercialize a suite of new single-cell products based on our core technology, Primary Template-Directed Amplification (PTA). BioSkryb is an early stage venture-backed company engaged in early customer trials of our first core chemistry products. The BioSkryb team has further developed a deep pipeline of new products aimed at addressing the critical heterogeneity that defines biological systems and elucidates the mechanisms of pathology at the most basic level of the single-cell genome. The strength of BioSkryb is our laser focus on data quality, which has enabled us to create the best-in-class low-input and single-cell genome amplification system. Our data is transformative, enabling the highest genome coverage and single nucleotide variation detection along with the lowest allelic imbalance in the industry. This core technology has broad utility in a myriad of industry sectors and enables an expanding set of applications including true multi-omic approaches where we can detect the entire transcriptome and genome from an individual cell without sacrificing data quality as well the ability to amplify and reconstruct complete single-cell bacterial genomes, which has the potential to redefine the microbiome industry.
At BioSkryb we are incredibly passionate about providing the highest resolution of genome variation at single-base resolution, delineating the mutation result in cancer heterogeneity and failed therapeutic processes. Our technology enables a revolution in defining the heterogeneity in the rarest of cells within a population of healthy and pathologic cells alike. This is made possible by primary template-directed amplification (PTA), which enables – for the first time – truly comprehensive, high-fidelity, whole genome amplification to support a wide variety of single-cell genomics applications. PTA is a novel whole genome amplification approach that is able to amplify the genomes of single cells in a more accurate, uniform, and reproducible manner than previous methods.
- Define and execute on key customer, regional, and sales opportunity decisions affecting commercialization, customer experience and go-to-market strategies.
- Closely engage with your R&D partners to define and implement new concepts in conjunction with the broader portfolio of projects in development.
- Oversee the development of print, web-based, and video sales tools to educate and evangelize our growing customer base.
- Educate and collaborate with members of the sales, business development, and customer support teams to ensure unified and consistent market messaging.
- Lead cross-functional teams for key strategic initiatives that involve addressing complex, multi-product and multi-region go-to-market strategies.
- Lead and curate a growing team of marketing managers.
- Develop economic value proposition and systematic segment-specific pricing guidance to maximize revenue/grow margin per customer.
- Analyze customer needs and convert these needs into design and development documentation to provide streamlined product development processes.
- Develop SWOT, Key Issues & Opportunities, annual Marketing Objectives and Plan-of-Action.
- Develop annual marketing plan, tactical plan, and manage budget for platform/products in partnership with executive leadership.
- Oversee market research to assess unmet needs, awareness and perception, inform development and refinement product/platform strategy, design specifications, and validation.
- Manage OEM opportunities with key members of the executive, sales and business development staff.
- Travel 20-30%
- Educated: MS (+10 years experience) or PhD (+5 years) in Genomics, Immunology, Biology, or a relevant field preferred.
- Brave: Can assertively convey own viewpoint, even when they may be negative or unpopular. Encourages the free exchange of information and opinions from others.
- Collaborative - Demonstrated success leading and supporting cross-functional teams, strong teamwork orientation.
- Communicative - Ability to clearly convey concepts and strategies in verbal/written communications; able to simplify complexity and develop succinct and focused messages.
- Creative: Strong creative perspective to bring fresh ideas to our marketing efforts and growth strategies in a collaborative manner
- Experienced in Industry: Must have at least 7 years of business experience in the life sciences or medical device industry, including 4 years in marketing, new product commercialization, product marketing or strategic planning. Professional experience in the fields of oncology and neurology is highly preferred.
- Experienced in Marketing - Proven track record in upstream and downstream marketing, including ability to partner with R&D and oversee/lead teams on new product development.
- Flexible: Comfortable in a less structured, incredibly fast-paced environment.
- Innovative - Demonstrated strategic thinker, organized problem solving with strategic agility.
- Curious - Technical aptitude to rapidly learn and assess new markets.
- Natural Leader - Ability to coach and develop a team to build customer experience, technical support and customer education strategies.
- Pleasant: Is caring for their teammates even when in challenging scenarios
- Tenacious – Can lead by example and finish even difficult projects through hard work and dedication.
BioSkryb Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.