The Director of Marketing for Single-Cell products will grow and lead the marketing team to commercialize a suite of new single-cell products based on our core technology, Primary Template-directed Amplification (PTA). BioSkryb is an early stage venture-backed company engaged in early customer trials of our first core chemistry products. The BioSkryb team has further developed a deep pipeline of new products aimed at addressing the critical heterogeneity that defines biological systems and elucidates the mechanisms of pathology at the most basic level - the single cell genome. The strength of BioSkryb is our laser focus on data quality, which has enabled us to create the best-in-class low-input and single-cell genome amplification system. Our data is transformative, enabling the highest genome coverage and single nucleotide variation detection along with the lowest allelic imbalance in the industry. This core technology has broad utility in a myriad of industry sectors and enables an expanding set of applications including true multi-omic approaches where we can detect the entire transcriptome and genome from an individual cell without sacrificing data quality as well the ability to amplify and reconstruct complete single cell bacterial genomes, which has the potential to redefine the microbiome industry.
At BioSkryb we are entirely passionate about providing the highest resolution of genome variation at single base resolution, delineating the mutation result in cancer heterogeneity and failed therapeutic processes. Our technology enables a revolution in defining the heterogeneity in the rarest of cells within a population of healthy and pathologic cells alike. This is made possible by primary template-directed amplification (PTA), which enables – for the first time – truly comprehensive, high-fidelity whole genome amplification to support a wide variety of single-cell genomics applications. PTA is a novel whole genome amplification approach that is able to amplify the genomes of single cells in a more accurate, uniform, and reproducible manner than previous methods.
- Define and execute on key customer, regional and sales opportunity decisions affecting commercialization, customer experience and go to market strategies.
- Closely engage with your R&D partners to define and implement new concepts in conjunction with the broader portfolio of projects in development.
- Oversee the development of print, web-based, and video sales tools to educate and evangelize our growing customer base.
- Educate and collaborate with members of the sales, business development, and customer support teams to ensure unified and consistent market messaging.
- Lead cross-functional teams for key strategic initiatives that involve addressing complex, multi-product, and multi-region go-to-market strategies.
- Lead and curate a growing team of marketing managers.
- Development of economic value proposition and systematic segment-specific pricing guidance to maximize revenue/grow margins per customer.
- Analyze customer needs and convert these needs into design and development documentation to provide streamlined product development processes.
- Develop SWOT, Key Issues & Opportunities, annual Marketing Objectives and Plan-of-Action.
- Develop annual marketing plan, tactical plan and manage budget for platform/products in partnership with executive leadership.
- Oversee market research to assess unmet needs, awareness and perception, inform development and refinement product / platform strategy, design specifications and validation.
- Manage OEM opportunities with key members of the executive, sales, and business development staff.
- Educated: MS (+10 years experience) or PhD (+5 years) in Genomics, Immunology, Biology or a relevant field preferred.
- Brave: Can assertively convey own viewpoint, even when it may be negative or unpopular. Encourages the free exchange of information and opinions from others.
- Collaborative: Demonstrated success leading and supporting cross-functional teams. Strong teamwork orientation.
- Communicator: Ability to clearly convey concepts and strategies in verbal/written communications; able to simplify complexity and develop succinct and focused messages.
- Creative: Strong creative perspective to bring fresh ideas to our marketing efforts and growth strategies in a collaborative manner
- Experienced: Must have at least 7 years of business experience in the life sciences or medical device industry, including 4 years in marketing, new product commercialization, product marketing or strategic planning. Professional experience in the fields of oncology and neurology is highly preferred.
- Experienced: Proven track record in upstream and downstream marketing, including ability to partner with R&D and oversee/lead teams on new product development.
- Flexible: Comfortable in a less structured, incredibly fast-paced environment.
- Innovative: Demonstrated strategic thinker, organized problem solving with strategic agility.
- Fast Learner: Technical aptitude to rapidly learn and assess new markets.
- Leader: Ability to coach and develop a team to build customer experience, technical support, and customer education strategies.
- Pleasant: Is caring for their teammates even when in challenging scenarios.
- Tenacious: Can lead by example and finish even difficult projects through hard work and dedication.
20-30% travel (domestic & international)
Primary Work Location
USA NC – Durham
BioSkryb, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.