BioSkryb is a venture-backed startup bringing new solutions for cellular heterogeneity in both the research and clinical space studies using our proprietary genome amplification system.
BioSkryb’s SkrybAmp technology enables even coverage of the entire genome during DNA amplification and allows for unparalleled accuracy and uniformity in DNA sequence coverage and base calling. We believe our technology will enable a new generation of single cell and low DNA genomics applications in diverse markets like cancer genomics, bacterial genomics, personal genomics and Minimal Residual Disease testing.
We are seeking a Research Associate to join an exciting, fast-growing and well-financed company to develop novel genome amplification applications. The individual will develop and execute procedures to ensure the reproducibility and reliability of products in our development pipeline. Duties will include the execution of cell and molecular biological techniques related to the amplification and analysis of single cells by genome sequencing. The successful candidate will design, perform, and analyze experiments for multiple programs, and will work independently to support process development, product characterization, and production.
- Maintain cell lines in culture
- Work with external partners for cell sorting
- Conduct genome amplification assays
- Prepare Sequencing Libraries using existing products and custom solutions.
- Work with Process Development to generate and analyze process development data to verify and validate products.
- Author assay development/optimization procedures and SOPs for assay performance optimization
- Analyze and present experimental data
- Assess and implement new analytical technologies
- MS or BS in life sciences and 5+ years of relevant assay development experience in industry
- Experience in analytical method development, qualification/validation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in tech transfer of assays to QC labs
- Detail orientated and motivated to move the team forward
- Experience with flow cytometry is preferred
- Experience with NGS library creation is preferred
- Hands-on experience in conducting nucleic acid quantification assays (fluorescence and electrophoretic assays)
- Experience with assay development in single cell biology applications
- Experience in assay development for genome modification
- Experience in operating Next Generation sequencing systems (i.e. Illumina)
BioSkryb Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.