Customer Insights Manager
Bionic is an army of entrepreneurs who have built and scaled companies. We know that large enterprises can grow like scaled startups when they leverage the methods and tools of lean entrepreneurship and the portfolio-mindset of venture investing. We serve Global 2000 enterprises, with whom we partner to install our proprietary startup/venture solution called the Bionic Growth Operating System, which builds a permanent, always-on capability for growth.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Customer Insights Manager to join the Bionic Insights team. The Customer Insights Manager will design, develop, and execute Customer Discovery and Product/Market Fit experiments for our client partners, and provide end-to-end, hands-on support and guidance to our partners during the innovation process.
You will be successful in this role if you are an authority in Customer Discovery Research and can effectively blend research with storytelling of captured data. The Customer Insights Specialist will play a critical role in validating revolutionary technologies, products and business models with our clients as they develop meaningful solutions for the future.
- Full immersion in the customer’s perspective, whether B2B or B2C, to understand their problems, needs, and painpoints.
- Develop appropriate research plans to test and validate our hypotheses through an iterative series of experiments.
- Execute full research plans, from creating interview guides, writing screeners, conducting customer research, and synthesis and analysis of findings into reports.
- Selection of appropriate research methodologies to execute, including but not limited to: interviews, surveys, digital experiments, prototype tests, and ethnography.
- Iterate and evolve programs in real-time based on learnings in order to get to the core of the hypotheses.
- Drive best-practices on researching, prototyping, and experimenting across the organization, continually improving our intelligence and understanding.
- Expand Bionic capabilities through exploration of innovative new research solutions and thought leadership.
- Collaborate closely with our client partners, entrepreneur coaches, and vendors during the innovation journey.
- Strong background (5+ years) in conducting primary qualitative and quantitative customer research in a corporate research, consulting, agency, ethnographic, or relevant environment or capacity.
- Experience with Lean experimentation, Design Thinking, user-centred design, rapid prototyping, or similar techniques.
- Proven experience leading customer research including:
- Creating and executing customer interviews and ethnographic studies
- Implementing customer surveys, digital experiments, and usability test programs
- Participating in iterative prototype development and testing programs.
- Facilitating and moderating research sessions in person and remotely.
- Project managing programs and coordinating stakeholders and participants.
- Synthesizing learnings and creating actionable reports.
- Leading discussions and presentations about findings to executives and teams.
- Start-up experience and attitude paired with the polish to work with corporate executives.
- Ability to understand dynamics, stakeholders, and customer across multiple industries and roles.
- Understanding of how research drives the innovation process, finding creative ways to gather insight and inspire confidence in ambiguous situations.
- Commitment to constant learning and development as a researcher
- Willingness to travel approximately 20-50% of the time
- Design / UX experience and the ability to mockup wireframes and solutions a bonus
- Startup environment where you’ll have the opportunity to make a material impact on the company and Global 2000 businesses at the C-suite level.
- A culture of honesty, bold thinking and risk-taking with incredible teammates.
- Participation in the future’s biggest trends and building that future in partnership with the world’s greatest brands.
- Energizing office space with gadgets and toys, a fully-stocked kitchen, and views of Central Park.
- Company off-sites and abundant rewards and recognition for good work.
Bionic is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.