BioMed Realty is looking for an experienced Project Coordinator to join the Boulder Development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and supporting project activities in Boulder and should have an interest in growing into higher level careers in real estate development. Project Coordinator will support the Development team in management and execution of construction projects. Responsibilities will include tracking project budgets; reviewing contracts, invoices, bid documents, change orders; coordinating project meetings; preparing reports and trackers; working with various internal departments to support needs of the project.
This position offers a hybrid work model, which includes 4 days in office and 1 day remotely. Hybrid work may be modified based on the needs of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports project managers during the overall planning and execution of real estate development projects, including core-shell renovations, interior tenant improvements, entitlements and ground-up construction
- Coordinate project meetings and maintain meeting agendas/ minutes
- Prepare business plans and related support including project summaries, budgets, schedules, drawings and financial analysis, for review and approval by management.
- Assist with review of bid documents and change orders
- Review and approve general contractor, architect, consultant contracts and invoices.
- Liaise with Contracts to support processing of contracts and invoices
- Prepare and facilitate reports, tracking tools, and presentations to support the Development team
- Liaise with Accounting to update project financials and assist with quarterly reporting.
- Manage document storage for development projects
- Research and collect market, financial, and cost information
- Oversee project close-out documentation process to ensure a smooth transition to the company operations and asset management teams including O&M manuals, commissioning records etc.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, real estate or related field preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience. Experience with commercial real estate development or construction is preferred
- Understanding of construction cost accounting and reporting processes
- Must be organized and task-oriented, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities
- Ability to self-review work, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive and complete tasks independently
Salary Range: $33.00 - $42.00 per hour + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining pay, we’ll consider location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment unless they are eligible for an approved medical or religious exemption in accordance with the law.
At BioMed Realty, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. BioMed Realty continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. Through BioMed Realty’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Benefits Program which includes:
- Employer-Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Family Leave Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- ID Theft Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 100% Employer-Paid Life & AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
About the company
BioMed Realty, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science and technology industries. BioMed owns and operates high quality life science real estate comprising 15.9 million square feet concentrated in leading innovation markets throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including Boston/Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Boulder and Cambridge, U.K. In addition, BioMed maintains a premier in process development platform with 3.7 million square feet of Class A properties in active construction and 7.1 million square feet of future development platform in these core innovation markets to meet the growing demand of the life science and technology industries.
BioMed Realty is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.