BioMed Realty is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Property Manager to join our dynamic team. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-driven individual who excels in managing both internal and external project teams, resolving complex problems, and delivering exceptional results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and coordinates all property management, maintenance, repair, and construction activities associated with each property in collaboration with internal Facility Maintenance counterparts and external vendor partners.
- Manage, enhance and promote community and tenant engagement programming in line with the company’s environmental, social, and governance goals and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Development team, outside consultants and general contractors on the site preparation and development of a new 600,000 square foot, ground up laboratory building and cultural center on the site slated for 2026 delivery.
- Assist the Director in ensuring all community stakeholders are well informed of impacts throughout the development of the new ground up laboratory building and cultural center, and assist in mitigating issues that arise in collaboration with the project team.
- Work with leasing brokers to market and lease space in the portfolio, providing Property Management expertise on leases and amendments during negotiation and execution processes.
- Supervise, mentor and develop a growing management support staff to include the direct oversight of an Assistant Property Manager and Property Coordinator.
- Participate in, and at times lead, frequent high profile investor and executive tours of the campus as well as insurance, lender, and tax assessor tours.
- Conducts site inspections to assess the physical condition of portfolio assets, monitor competition and market conditions, and develop and implement action plans.
- Manage the process of reviewing and approving tenant alterations and improvement packages, facilitating the drafting of appropriate work letters and approval documentation with legal as necessary.
- Ensure tenant projects do not negatively impacts base building and are executed in a manner that minimizes impacts to other stakeholders as much as possible.
- Oversee the financial performance of all assets to include reviewing and approving quarterly variance reports, monthly accruals, monthly rent charges, manual billings, annual CAM estimates and year end CAM reconciliations.
- Prepare strategic budgets in accordance with corporate goals and objectives.
- Oversee all aspects of A/R and A/P processes for each of the sites entities, including the condo association, ensuring timely rent collection and payment processing.
- Manage and oversee RFP processes to include assembling of bids, vendor evaluation, recommendation for action, executing business plans and gaining appropriate approvals.
- Oversee the financials and operation of the third-party ice rink and canoe/kayak operators as part our community engagement programming.
- Ensure compliance with all required regulatory, permitting, and licensing for the site including MA DEP Chapter 91, MWRA, and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES).
- Review tenant leases to ensure tenants are following all aspects of their lease requirements.
- Oversee compliance with the Cambridge Parking Transportation Demand Management (PTDM) program requirements for the site, including all associated reporting.
- Represents the company in a positive manner to outside agencies and organizations at all times.
- Participate in industry groups like BOMA, CREW, and NAIOP.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Oversee compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in commercial real estate management.
- Experience managing lab assets and knowledge of lab equipment and regulatory items strongly preferred.
- BA/BS in business or related field required. CPM or RPA certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret operating budgets, contracts, easement agreements, leases and related documents.
- In-depth and hands-on understanding of property management systems and processes.
- Proven track record for effectively managing staff and developing effective working relationships with vendors, contractors and tenants.
- Prior experience with developing and implementing creative and diverse tenant and community engagement programming.
- Ability to interface and collaborate effectively with peers in the company’s leasing, development, risk and legal departments on projects and initiatives.
- Encompass a strong financial acumen as it relates to budgeting, reforecasting and the monthly property accounting processes.
- Ability to conduct walk-throughs, inspections, and complete site and building management activities.
- Must be organized, innovative and task oriented, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities.
- Ability to draft and write detailed notes, communications to tenants, vendors, and contracted firms to prepared reports and presentations, technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail oriented with the ability to convey information orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong knowledge of various permitting and regulatory requirements such as MWRA, MA DEP, Chapter 91, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), and local municipal agencies such as Parking Transportation Demand Management and Cambridge Conservation Commission.
- Computer literate including proficiency with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- MRI and Nexus Payables experience a plus.
This position offers a hybrid work model, which includes 4 days in office and 1 day remotely. Hybrid work may be modified based on the needs of the company.
We require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment unless they are eligible for an approved medical or religious exemption in accordance with the law.
At BioMed Realty, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. BioMed Realty continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. Through BioMed Realty’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Benefits Program which includes:
- Employer-Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Family Leave Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- ID Theft Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 100% Employer-Paid Life & AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
About the company
BioMed Realty, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science and technology industries. BioMed owns and operates high quality life science real estate comprising 15.9 million square feet concentrated in leading innovation markets throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including Boston/Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Boulder and Cambridge, U.K. In addition, BioMed maintains a premier in process development platform with 3.7 million square feet of Class A properties in active construction and 7.1 million square feet of future development platform in these core innovation markets to meet the growing demand of the life science and technology industries.
BioMed Realty is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.