We are seeking a Property Manager who will oversee the day to day operations and maintenance of a life science campus in the Boston market. This includes handling a wide variety of tasks across the portfolio, including a strong customer support and communication focus. The Property Manager will be resourceful, organized and have the confidence and initiative to support multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
This position offers a hybrid work model, which includes 4 days in office and 1 day remotely. Hybrid work may be modified based on the needs of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day operation and maintenance of the physical assets.
- Act as liaison and facilitator for tenant communications, work requests, maintenance events, shutdowns, and other site related issues.
- Manage tenant work requests utilizing the computerized maintenance management system.
- Regularly interface with Tenants to understand their needs and develop stronger tenant/landlord relationship.
- Manage vendor relationships, RFPs, contract negotiations, and hold vendors accountable for executing the terms of the contracts.
- Request purchase orders and proposals for site needs including but not limited to maintenance supplies, repairs, and any other site requirement.
- Work closely with the Facilities department in coordinating vendor work and ensuring that all regulatory compliance requirements are met.
- Perform daily, monthly and bi-annual property inspections.
- Enforce building rules, regulations and policies.
- Respond to site emergencies and complete incident reports.
- Create annual operating budgets, reforecast and capital plan.
- Review and approve invoices using BioMed’s internal systems.
- Review accruals and monthly financial reports to ensure that expenses and revenue are allocated appropriately.
- Review general ledger and complete quarterly variance reports.
- Review rent statements and supervise the control of delinquencies.
- Establish CAM pools, operating expense estimates and reconciliations.
- Manage database of key clients and contacts.
- Prepare, review and approve purchase orders, service contracts, and construction contracts.
- Review tenant leases to ensure tenants are following all aspects of their lease requirements.
- Manage, enhance and promote community and tenant engagement programming in line with the company’s environmental, social, and governance goals and initiatives.
- Provide support or other activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum (5) years’ experience in commercial real estate management.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work with various team members and track/manage workload
- Eager willingness to accept and meet challenges; highly flexible demeanor to prioritize business needs
- Ability to analyze and interpret operating budgets, general ledgers, leases and related documents.
- In-depth and hands-on understanding of property management systems and processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to draft and write detailed communications to tenants, and third party service providers and partners.
- Strong initiative with the ability to problem solve
- Customer service focus, team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- MRI and Building Engines experience a plus.
We require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment unless they are eligible for an approved medical or religious exemption in accordance with the law.
At BioMed Realty, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. BioMed Realty continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. Through BioMed Realty’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Benefits Program which includes:
- Employer-Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Family Leave Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- ID Theft Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 100% Employer-Paid Life & AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
About the company
BioMed Realty, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science and technology industries. BioMed owns and operates high quality life science real estate comprising 15.9 million square feet concentrated in leading innovation markets throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including Boston/Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Boulder and Cambridge, U.K. In addition, BioMed maintains a premier in process development platform with 3.7 million square feet of Class A properties in active construction and 7.1 million square feet of future development platform in these core innovation markets to meet the growing demand of the life science and technology industries.
BioMed Realty is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.