We are seeking an experienced Director to join our Investments team. The successful candidate will manage and provide oversight for the underwriting of various investment activities within the company, including acquisitions, dispositions and developments. The function will require superior communications skills, as the role will interact with both internal teams and external relationships and will assist in developing business and sourcing potential transactions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Vice President, Investments, the Director of Investments will lead property and portfolio-level underwriting to support potential investment decisions, including acquisitions, dispositions, development and redevelopment and, in certain cases, leasing decisions
- Create and provide detailed review of complex financial underwriting models (Excel and Argus) for the analysis of investment opportunities with a focus on IRRs and return on invested capital. Understanding of joint venture structuring and waterfall modeling a plus.
- Provide strategic oversight in the preparation of investment memoranda and present transaction opportunities to BioMed’s Investment Committee.
- Monitor industry-wide trends and market-level opportunities to support investment analysis.
- Negotiate transaction documents, manage due diligence, closing and deal transition processes and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to foster a team-oriented environment that can reduce risk and result in successful deal activity for the company.
- Liaise with internal team, external sponsors and service providers to analyze and source potential transaction opportunities.
- BA/BS in Finance, Business, Real Estate. MBA or MSRED a plus.
- Up to 10 plus years in commercial real estate or banking industry, with experience sourcing, underwriting, negotiating, closing and managing asset backed transactions; preferably with direct experience on heavily structured, opportunistic real estate transactions. Experience in life science and innovation real estate a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, brokers and institutional real estate owners, lenders and capital providers.
- Organized and task-oriented, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Argus.
Salary Range: $161,000.00 to $200,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining pay, we’ll consider location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment unless they are eligible for an approved medical or religious exemption in accordance with the law.
At BioMed Realty, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. BioMed Realty continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. Through BioMed Realty’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Benefits Program which includes:
- Employer-Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Family Leave Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- ID Theft Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 100% Employer-Paid Life & AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Company sponsored Exercise Classes Through Zoom
- Onsite Gym
- Complimentary Snacks, Fresh Fruit, Cold Brew Coffee, Kombucha and Soda Provided
- Dry Cleaning Services Onsite
About the company
BioMed Realty, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science and technology industries. BioMed owns and operates high quality life science real estate comprising 15.9 million square feet concentrated in leading innovation markets throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including Boston/Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Boulder and Cambridge, U.K. In addition, BioMed maintains a premier in process development platform with 3.7 million square feet of Class A properties in active construction and 7.1 million square feet of future development platform in these core innovation markets to meet the growing demand of the life science and technology industries.
BioMed Realty is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.