We are seeking a Senior Director of Property Management for our Bay Area region who will oversee and coordinate the operational activities for a portfolio of company properties. The successful candidate will collaborate with Facilities, Leasing, Development and third-party vendors to manage and maintain high-quality office and lab environments. They will also be able to quickly develop and maintain a productive working relationship with a sophisticated tenant base.
Operations and Tenant Relations:
- Manages Property Management staff who are responsible for ongoing, day-to-day property management, which includes interfacing and managing relationships with: tenants; prospective tenants and brokers for leases; vendors and staff for property maintenance, safety and building infrastructure and tenant improvements; local jurisdictions and community constituents.
- Oversees Property Management pertaining to operational issues, including contracts, vendors, suppliers, maintenance issues and standards.
- Conducts site inspections to assess the physical conditions of the asset, evaluates on-site personnel, monitors competition and market conditions and develops and implements action plans.
- In the performing aforementioned duties, collaborates with Facilities Management on all building mechanical systems and structural issues.
- Coordinates and communicates with all corporate line and staff functions.
- Oversees and participates in the budget process for Real Estate Operations and shares responsibility for the overall financial performance and ongoing property performance of assigned real estate portfolio.
- Reviews and analyzes property operational and financial reports to ensure P&L performance, revenue growth and expense control.
- Oversees the preparation of various reports summarizing the financial, operating and capital, leasing and marketing activity for each property for internal and external distribution.
- Reviews, approves and monitors all financial information including operating and capital budgets, monthly financial statements, and the results of leasing and construction activities.
- Identifies and implements opportunities in the portfolio to maximize value and enhance the performance of the properties.
- Oversees and participates in the development and implementation of detailed value added strategies to maximize net operating income, distributable cash flow, appraised value and market value.
- Has key involvement in due diligence process for new acquisitions.
- Interfaces with Acquisitions Management team in planning portfolio growth opportunities.
- Participates in due diligence for pending acquisitions including lease abstract reviews, evaluation of market rents, development of pro-forma cash flow projections, conducting market analysis, reviewing environmental, engineering and appraisal reports, and verification of historical financial information.
- Participates in the technical review of assets, conducts inspections and walk-throughs, and provides comprehensive and detailed assessment of asset--existing conditions and required improvements.
- Helps define site and building requirements for current or potential tenants.
- Supervises Property Management staff.
- Recommends performance standards, training and performance development, compensation and job-level changes and evaluates actual performance of staff.
- Supervises Property Management staff in creating effective communications and collaboration with other company departments.
- Supervises and participates in development and revisions to implementation of agreed policies and standard operating procedures within the Operations group.
- BA/BS in business, economics, or related field required.
- MBA desirable.
- Certification in asset or property management a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive real estate asset management experience.
- Experience in a management position with life science and/or laboratory facilities properties preferred.
- Must possess a track record of success in real estate operations management, tenant and vendor relations, property and building maintenance, planning and budgeting.
- Experience should also include performing due diligence in the sale or acquisition process.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles and the ability to forecast and prepare budgets and reports summarizing the financial, operating, capital, leasing and vacancy performance data.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with regulatory agencies, vendors, contractors and tenants.
- Requires a working knowledge of lease administration, real estate law and the ability to accurately interpret terms and conditions of contracts, proposals, and leases and interface effectively with tenants and vendors to facilitate conformance, schedules, improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations and to present alternative solutions, cost/benefit analyses and recommendations.
- Computer literate including proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook and MRI.
- Experience with project management software/tools helpful.
Salary Range: $197,000 - $246,000 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining pay, we’ll consider location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment unless they are eligible for an approved medical or religious exemption in accordance with the law.
At BioMed Realty, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. BioMed Realty continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. Through BioMed Realty’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Benefits Program which includes:
- Employer-Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Paid Family Leave Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- ID Theft Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 100% Employer-Paid Life & AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Company sponsored Exercise Classes Through Zoom
- Onsite Gym
- Complimentary Snacks, Fresh Fruit, Cold Brew Coffee, Kombucha and Soda Provided
- Dry Cleaning Services Onsite
*Amenities vary by location.
About the company
BioMed Realty, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a leading provider of real estate solutions to the life science and technology industries. BioMed owns and operates high quality life science real estate comprising 15.9 million square feet concentrated in leading innovation markets throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including Boston/Cambridge, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Boulder and Cambridge, U.K. In addition, BioMed maintains a premier in process development platform with 3.7 million square feet of Class A properties in active construction and 7.1 million square feet of future development platform in these core innovation markets to meet the growing demand of the life science and technology industries.
BioMed Realty is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email email@example.com.